Drag to reposition cover

BUILD Single Turbo 300ZX Build

OP
NOMIEZVR4

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
the headlight bulbs im going to swap for some LED's. They are PnP, no harness or ballast required. The rest of the bulbs for the rear tails, i will also likely just get some LED bulbs.

OP
NOMIEZVR4

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
real time progress...day by day

making markings to cut away for the new hood vents

Welp...no going back now! its been chopped out

exploring options...though I probably wont do this. The shape of the z32 is like a wedge..anything like a noticeable cowl will interrupt that shape.

Sanding away the rock guard finish on the rear bumper...its gonna be a smooth as a baby's behind

and shes finally got her coat of primer

My retard buddy touching it while I wasn't there :D

She'll be going in for paint in the next few days now. :)

OP
NOMIEZVR4

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Time for some updates. Car is nearly all complete, new wheels are on. Just waiting for a few small details before i post official completed pictures. In the meantime, here are updates from previous progress.

Ended up getting a hood from a DSM and chopping the hump out.

The car was already primed so here are pictures showing the jambs and other areas getting sprayed. Here's a secret, this is NOT san marino blue. I ended up switching my color before we started spraying ;)

Please excuse the filthy engine bay. When its all cleaned up, everything will show well

OP
NOMIEZVR4

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
So one of the final projects that needed attention was the headlights. At some point prior to my ownership they were disassembled and painted silver/chrome. Worst part was the paint was peeling inside the lens. :( Original color is black. I wanted OEM look, so i took them apart again.

removed off the car

into the oven for about 8-10 mins at 250 degrees

current finish

after sanding prep

after drying it became a matte finish, still wet in this picture.

Also i added a LED strip to the headlights. This video was taken before i disassembled the lights.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Gotta say ovening one's head lights is a pretty bold move. That's a pretty awesome trick, does it work on other ones or are these special? I thought that'd be friction welded.

OP
NOMIEZVR4

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Gotta say ovening one's head lights is a pretty bold move. That's a pretty awesome trick, does it work on other ones or are these special? I thought that'd be friction welded.
depends on how they are assembled. In my case the lens was glass so i put them upside down in the pan otherwise i would have melted the housings. The lens was attached to the housing using butyl tape, once it became warm they came apart pretty easy after i removed them from the oven. Fun fact, these same headlights were purchased by Lamborghini and used in the last iteration of the Diablo :)

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
oh mah god that blue looks uhhhhhhmazing. Can't wait for the finished pics. And awesome use of the dsm hump! :LOL:

I did the same thing to my WRX headlights when I painted the housings! Great use of an oven. Bake your headlights and then bake a pizza!

OP
NOMIEZVR4

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
we have reached the conclusion of this thread. car is 99% together, small bits and pieces which will need installed which ill do at my leisure time. For now, here are pictures of the final product. At some point ill take "nice" pictures these should do for now however. :)

Here is how i drove the car around last year..:LOL:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That came out absolutely amazing. I will for sure share this to social media tomorrow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom