• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Silverbacks MM

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Stupid question: Can the valve seals be replaced without removing the heads or disturbing the cams? I.e. in your driveway? I'm afraid of messing with the cams and screwing up the timing. (I've got 127k on mine, they've got to be worn by now).

Sure but you need to fill the cylinders with air, get the ford spring compressor and allot about 12 solid hours to do the job. I did my 2v towncar a while back and it took 6 solid hours.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Almost done.
The Blue Cam Cover are WAY Deeper Blue in person.

100_3397.jpg

100_3398.jpg

100_3399.jpg

100_3400.jpg

Once I get it running I then have to replace a bad teflon seal in one of the power steering lines, fuel filter mod and adjust the transmission.

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
No it isn't Silverback. His repair is completed and only a couple of older issues remain. Zack is addressing those now.

To be truthful, Zack has been very careful with Silverback and has pointed out areas that require attention for me to decide. Some I contracted to have fixed, others to defer for a time.

Although Zack's shop is a long way from my home certain events, have reduced the impact of travel, Louisville GTG at the delivery end and Bodyman's GTG at the pick-up end, so that it was feasible to have Zack repair the car.

Zack's evaluation is that Silverback's performance is "just dandy".

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
oh....LOL

Ever wondered how much timing was in a non-intercooled Marauder at 6000????

6.5 degrees OMG

Zack I don't know if that 6.5 is good or bad? I can tell you that in my last tune in Dallas the tuner said the car did not like to be advanced much on the timing and he purposely kept it low.

As far as the idle, the IAC was replaced for a wandering idle, last year, the TB was cleaned but not disassembled. I'm trying to remember when the Idle went from 700 to 900 but nothing comes to mind.

Glad you were able to fix that bucking issue, that was a real pain. Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info