💸 For Sale Signs and Such

Working on making some stuff for a show, and thought I would see if anyone wants something? Most are in the $30-$40 range. Depends on size and complexity of course.

I do this on the side at work. Trying to develop a branch off at work to be able to do this stuff during "slow" times since it is just laser and powder coating.

Pictures of some of the things I have done are attached. Going in tomorrow to cut some more stuff. I'm out of Belvidere, but will be in Bolingbrook on October 13 for this craft show. 1173216714.jpeg1999584035.jpeg23362683.jpeg1712004061.jpeg1048024295.jpeg1818759141.jpeg

Reactions: Eagle

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
View attachment 98038

1/4" A36 steel?

Isnt FirstWorldProblems N20GT in the steel industry? Wheres some discounts at? :rofl:
Pay up sucka! Crazy as it is to say, I don't think steel prices are going down anytime soon. The underlying demand is there and scrap is in crazy short supply due to increased mini mill production.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Whats the cost of those? I was serious when I said I'd want to do a few with different cars

What size are you looking for? That one at 21x14 took an hour and a half to do...so that would be something in the neighborhood of $100. Obviously as things get smaller it would be cheaper. The slate coasters(which I'm still working at making perfect) would be much cheaper because of the size. I can do whatever you want though. I'm open to trying anything. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want something specifically

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
What size are you looking for? That one at 21x14 took an hour and a half to do...so that would be something in the neighborhood of $100. Obviously as things get smaller it would be cheaper. The slate coasters(which I'm still working at making perfect) would be much cheaper because of the size. I can do whatever you want though. I'm open to trying anything. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want something specifically
I'll figure it out, but will want a few coasters and probably a larger pic to hang. I have to try and find pics of older cars now lol.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Have you tried flame treating the wood signs at all? I wonder how that would look. Also can you put more than 1 image on a wooden square?

Not yet, but it's on my list of things to try. A lot of this wood I get for free from work. The one with the truck I paid for...but I take scrap dieboard and pallet wood home and I think flame treating it could end up looking sweet

Screenshot_20210831-170503.png

PXL_20210901_010205478.jpg

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
I’d love to do something with both of my vettes and my Dad’s old ‘73. Side profiles on top of each other.
Yeah, I can do multiple of whatever. It's pretty straightforward to design something and then tweak it as needed.

You just looking for them stacked basically? Super doable. Just depends on what size you are looking for really.

I have a buddy who wants me to do a pic of his dad's Mercedes on a piece of love edge wood he bought. I'm nervous about that cause I don't wanna fuck up this guys live edge wood that he bought lol

Thread Info