Mike
Oof

PXL_20211227_163804755.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
What are you guys rocking for garage lighting?

Still using flourescent. 4 housings in the ceiling with 4, 4ft tubes each. I haven't changed them out because when I look at LED tubes that can be retro'd in to the housings, their lumen output isn't any more then the flourescent tubes. Granted the flourescent will degrade over time, but still. Not spending a fortune to replace 16 tubes, when the newer stuff isn't any brighter (granted they last longer and probably cost less to run in the long run), when what is in there works fine.

I have the carpet runners in there as I learned early on with the epoxy I originally had, that if the tires come in damp and warm, it'll pull up a layer in the form of the tread pattern of the tire. :D With all the layers I have down now, it probably isn't an issue, but old habits are hard to break I suppose.

Reactions: sktchy

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Will update with pics when I get back home (working in the office this week since kids + wife at home).

We picked up another shelf and added it to the heavy duty Menards shelf that we got earlier this year. Got a bit more organized with the outdoor lights and that gives me more room in general in the garage.

Was debating ripping out the built in cabinets, but I think I just need to sand/paint them and epoxy the countertop next year.

I think the 12 LED lights are too much, I think I will redo those next year too.

Reactions: Shawn1112

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I have 8 foot T12 light fixtures. I have 3 down the center of the garage and 2 on each side, angled inward. Having light at the sides of the garage pointing inward is really nice for doing brake jobs or anything under the hood of the car really. It helps eliminate shadows on the sides of the car and makes it a lot easier to see without needing to use a drop light, flashlight, etc.

IMG_20200806_200320.jpg

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
I have 8 foot T12 light fixtures. I have 3 down the center of the garage and 2 on each side, angled inward. Having light at the sides of the garage pointing inward is really nice for doing brake jobs or anything under the hood of the car really. It helps eliminate shadows on the sides of the car and makes it a lot easier to see without needing to use a drop light, flashlight, etc.

View attachment 108269
Please fix that black fox so i can pay you top dollar to have it back lol

• Haha
Reactions: LikeABauce302
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info