🏡 Better Homes Show your garage v 2022

We moved to a new house and I decided to rebuild a garage. It is not finished yet. By the way, what kind of garage door systems do you prefer or have and like? From what I read, I find the Liftmaster garage door opener to be a good choice, I'm thinking about addressing this liftmaster customer service for details, though it would be great to learn from the experience of others. Is it worth spending much money on such a system?

Reactions: oliverblack77

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
We moved to a new house and I decided to rebuild a garage. It is not finished yet. By the way, what kind of garage door systems do you prefer or have and like? From what I read, I like the Liftmaster garage door opener to be a good choice, though it would be great to learn from the experience of others. Is it worth spending much money on such a system?

I will say I’m not a fan of my Aladdin unit at all. I prefer the lift master/chamberlain models for sure. But I would recommend a high lift/side mount opener vs one in the ceiling. You’ll have more headroom if you ever want to do a lift.

I will say I’m not a fan of my Aladdin unit at all. I prefer the lift master/chamberlain models for sure. But I would recommend a high lift/side mount opener vs one in the ceiling. You’ll have more headroom if you ever want to do a lift.
Thanks for your reply. Your post persuaded me to buy lift master :)

Reactions: JBruno88

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
E06321E0-14DE-4136-BC4C-A478C4757B60.jpeg

Fuck yes! Car is in and more space than ever. about 3’ behind and another 3’ in front. I have a work bench area. Lawn mower and shit is accessible. Still a lot of small shit to deal with but damn it feels good.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Gas line is buried and routed into the garage. Yesterday I got the heater hung. Now I just need to connect the plumbing and route the vent.

Luckily this garage is already really well insulated and has insulated doors. I just need to get some new weather stripping around the doors and then it should be ready for winter build season.

MVIMG_20221023_225257997.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Man just when you think it’s mostly sorted…

View attachment 141377

You get 3 kayaks and a tool chest to figure out what to do with. Now to spend time sorting tools out of the various cardboard boxes and into the chest.
Hey, so, next spring/early summer we might be talking. Been thinking about getting a kayak (single seater) but my right shoulder (levator) is a HUGE question mark. Might beg and plead (or buy some beers) to let me borrow one and test out for like 15 minutes on a small pond. That will be long enough to tell me if my shoulder can take it.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I got my heat up and running in the garage about 3 weeks ago and just recently got my Wi-Fi access point up and running.

A strong Wi-Fi signal in the garage is so nice to have. Earlier this week I installed cameras and a MyQ garage door opener hub. I also have a Nest thermostat on order.

The MyQ setup is awesome and was only $32 to control two doors. I was thinking I would have to buy complete new door openers for Wi-Fi control, and then stumbled across the MyQ hub and door sensors as a cyber Monday deal on Amazon. It works awesome so far and now I don't have to try to remember if I closed the garage doors or not. I can just check the app.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Where by Ohare and can I come and go as I please
Meaning I’ll pay for 4-5 months up front. But can I pull the car out and put it back here and there
That’s the problem shawn it’s more drop off before winter comes and pick up in the spring. I usually go 1-2 times over winter and start them up which really isn’t needed. Just plug the trickle charger on cover them up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info