🏡 Better Homes Show your garage v 2022

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
This kinda shows how the garage doors were done to where they hug the ceiling. Also using side load garage door openers frees up a lot of space and let’s you mount the doors high. Also with the high lift you don’t have to open the garage doors all the way so if you have a big wing like mine you can stop the door short off hitting and still have enough opening to walk or drive freely. I have about 8” of space between the top of my head and the garage door hang from the opening.

View attachment 134085

View attachment 134086

View attachment 134087

could you back the upper one on instead?

Reactions: FESTER665

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
could you back the upper one on instead?
I could load it the otherway but reason I pull it forward is I have a little mirror on the side of the lift so I can line up the car with the ramps and runners more easily. Just very use to pulling it forward. Before I had the black car I'd always park the car back on the lift if I was just pulling it into the garage.
Seemed to logical that I figured there was a reason he doesn’t.

Or have it one click lower since there’s feet between the cars.
I tend to hit my head on the lift if it's lower when I'm pulling a car underneath so having it as high as I can has that benefit

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
7’ opening but the door hangs 6” below that so effective opening is 6’,6”

Speaking of lifts I had mine done I think 4-5 years ago and the prices have doubled on lifts I could prob sell mine and make all my money back and then some. Will did u hawk yours to Texas those MF are heavy I remember the guys that installed it put in work

Reactions: LikeABauce302

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Speaking of lifts I had mine done I think 4-5 years ago and the prices have doubled on lifts I could prob sell mine and make all my money back and then some. Will did u hawk yours to Texas those MF are heavy I remember the guys that installed it put in work
I was on the fence on moving it to texas. Could have sold it easily but didn't want the headache of finding another one down here so I broke the lift down myself and my wife and I threw it in the back of a mayflower trailer. Dicey, would not recommend unless you have some extra hands but yes I brought it with us down to Texas.

716AEEB5-643E-452A-9CA4-AA13FB3CB9F2.jpeg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Is BG really that bad? I used their SyncroShift II fluid in the MT-82 trans in my Mustang and it made shifts feel a lot smoother over the factory fill.
No it’s not “bad” but do people actually need coolant flushes at 50k? Throttle body cleanings every 20k? Random “shift improver technology” juice in their trans every 50k? All of this goes against factory recommendations. We just call them wallet flushes. If your throttle body is so dirty it’s affecting how your engine is running you have way bigger problems.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I’m in the same situation. Would love to get a lift and be able to have a fun 3rd car but I have that same beam in the middle of my garage. Sucks too because otherwise my garage is tall as fuck.

edit, just measured- garage isn’t as tall as I thought. It’s just under 10’
beam is 8’4”

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info