Show off your garage v.2023

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
It's rainin but the party will go on ???

20230520_150206.jpg

20230520_145841.jpg

Screenshot_20230520_151426_AccuWeather.jpg

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Ron Vogel Ron Vogel You making any progress on the E61?
Haven’t touched it, just moving back and forth between the street and garage. Also need a windshield now…magically cracked while parked outside. I was going to start on it a few weeks ago, but we decided it was time for a garage sale. Once I get into it , I don’t foresee it moving until end of summer

Reactions: bimmer4life

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
So not to go on about it, but never sat down and listened to these speakers before; but holy shit. I’ve heard a lot of high end monitors over the years, but these things are something special. I really need to find a proper amp to drive them. I just spent 3-4 hours doing a proper setup

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Before working on the countertops, I wanted to touch up a few spots and paint the side and inside the fridge section. every time we pull in, the bare wood around the fridge would stand out to me against the black.

I also touched up the towel cabinet that’s on the side of the garage, used different paint for that originally so I wanted a quick coat or 2 so it would all match,

The side you won’t likely see much, but since I was in doing everything else I figured might as well.
IMG_2102.jpeg
IMG_2101.jpeg

IMG_2104.jpeg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
How durable is the finish you used?
so I have waited to start filling up/putting stuff back in the cabinets until after the coutnertops were done, in case I needed to use them or do anything around them.

Just spent 10 mins in the garage on a break starting to put stuff away. I used the countertop as staging and while I wasn't overly gentle, I wasn't overly aggressive with what I placed on it and how I did that.

I have a few hardshell tool cases that go in 1 of the cabinets, so those went in first. After staging and cleaning them up a bit and putting that stuff away, I saw a few tiny chips in the coating from that. Good thing is that since I wanted a darker color, maybe I'll do 2 more coats in the fall of a darker color and touch up those spots plus any that come with further use. The chips are small, about the size of a fine point sharpie maybe and no very noticeable. It's a garage space, so I expect it to need a fresh coat maybe every year.

Reactions: cdh027

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
so I have waited to start filling up/putting stuff back in the cabinets until after the coutnertops were done, in case I needed to use them or do anything around them.

Just spent 10 mins in the garage on a break starting to put stuff away. I used the countertop as staging and while I wasn't overly gentle, I wasn't overly aggressive with what I placed on it and how I did that.

I have a few hardshell tool cases that go in 1 of the cabinets, so those went in first. After staging and cleaning them up a bit and putting that stuff away, I saw a few tiny chips in the coating from that. Good thing is that since I wanted a darker color, maybe I'll do 2 more coats in the fall of a darker color and touch up those spots plus any that come with further use. The chips are small, about the size of a fine point sharpie maybe and no very noticeable. It's a garage space, so I expect it to need a fresh coat maybe every year.

I’m shocked you just didn’t upgrade to a quartz stone

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
She’s done. Heavy duty shelving is painted and put back together. Did a coat of black on that side of the shelving while it was out and drying. And while I had the black paint out I put a fe coats on the free garage speakers I have so that everything matches.

Spent all morning today cleaning and reassembling my garage. Consolidated some containers so I have 2 empties right now. Moved stuff that was on the top of the heavy duty shelving to my basement storage area.

70810000705__38B9F9C3-5011-4665-B0D5-F4137924BB44.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

70810163829__E9597EA7-7D4D-4869-8E66-0A72DCF2525C.jpeg

70810255666__2ABF8E1C-A643-4C7F-AD7E-660C3E43AD28.jpeg

IMG_2522.jpeg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
There’s still more work to do, things need to be put away and things need to go into the dumpster soon too. I’m having foot surgery next week so I won’t be too mobile for a few weeks, so once I’m fully recovered I’ll finish up (unless I get really motivated tomorrow).

But overall I’m super pleased with how it turned out.

sukhk527

Regular
Apr 28, 2023
Oswego,IL
After decades of living in apartments and parking in public areas, I finally have my own garage (albeit a rental property). so far swapped the overhead lights for LED blade lights , mats for the floors since we can’t epoxy, and some shelving.

4th of July means sales for my tool chest then it’ll really come together.

Wife’s been gone for the weekend so spent some time out here today, feels good man.

IMG_3158.jpeg

IMG_3160.jpeg

IMG_3159.jpeg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Workin in the garage.

Took apart a giant cabinet the previous owner had.

IMG_5571.jpeg

Also covered an old door that on the outside was already covered over. Found out it was also spray foamed shut so I said fuck that and just further insulated it and covered it using leftover panels from the old cabinet.
IMG_5572.jpeg

My dad bought me a couple steel shelves so those went up.

IMG_5617.jpeg

Aand then used scrap wood from the cabinet thing to make a bench.

IMG_5618.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info