• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Should I????????????

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Get these in the spring.....?

10108788456_a68eb47e4d_c.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The RaceStar wheels are cast and very heavy. Which sucks. The machining is also very poor in the lug nut area. If/when you buy them do yourself a HUGE favor and do not use their lug nuts and washers. But the McGard lug nuts and stainless washers. And get the small diameter washers. The "correct" ones RaceStar says to use catches a lip of the bore where the lug nut goes. It cups the washers and doesn't secure the wheel properly. The smaller O.D. washers work fine.

They are also not hub centric. So you have to use a hub centric ring. Even with the rings my car had bad shaking at highway speeds.

I agree and say save your pennies for a set of RT-S, Alumistars or the like. MUCH better quality and they are lighter.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Not a fan. They look like they belong more on an import :io:

BUT, I am insanely pic with appearance shit so take that with a grain of salt.

Brembo equipped cars are very limited on drag wheel choices still.

You can run spacers and the Alumistars up front. They look good. But not very friendly on the street at all. Drew has them on his car now. Let me see if I can find pics of that set up.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I was more worried about polishing more of the wheel. S0 I went with the black centers. haha

I think the polished would be the way to go on his Deep Impact Blue car.

These are 18x9 & 18 x 10 but you can see the color car and all polished RT-S. Sadly it is poor light. Otherwise I think the paint and wheels would "pop" more.

178738_4372461544567_1939309257_o.jpg

20121223_170654.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info