• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Should I trade my S2000 for GT500?

chilenny

Nov 20, 2008
This is my 3rd S2000 and this would be my 5th Mustang (89 GT, 90 Convert, 93 Notch, 03 Cobra). Now that I am getting older and bigger its harder to get into a S2000; but its the most fun car I have driven even with the lack of power.

The reason I sold the Termi is crappy interior and only enjoyment was going straight unless it hopped.

I want a 2010 GT500 but can't afford it yet. Found a 2007 and the dealer is willing to give me $17K for my MY06 S2K and I would pick up the GT500 for $32600. The only draw back its white without the stripes. The previous owner had the delete option. What should I do!!!!!!!!!!

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
Test drive it and see if you like it. No one can tell you what you want! Stripes are not an issue, if I was you and I wanted them I would go to a sign shop and have some made. Ford is crazy for what they want for some vinyl stripes. You should have the dealer check to see if the TSB on the trans/clutch has been done on the car also, just for piece of mind.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
2010 for sure, you need the clutch, but a 2011 is FTMKNW! Get a 2011 although they might not be so sweet on the deal. Get one off the lot on the 28th....hopefully that works. Sell your 2000 outright and save the money.

Dennis you forgot to tell him to come see me for a 2010-11 a gt500. don't buy a 07-09 model the 2010 is much nicer. Save your money and gives you time to sell your s2000 for more $$$. When you are ready I have a black 10 gt500 foresale.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Test drive it and see if you like it. No one can tell you what you want!

+1, personally I think it's a mistake. Here's why: You enjoy the S2000 more than an 03 cobra because the cobra wasn't fun in the turns and had crappy interior (neither has improved much). That right there says that you probably won't be happy with another mustang that's heavier than your old one, WAY heavier than your current car, and no faster than an 03 cobra in a straight line. Drive it and maybe you'll feel different but I duno. Sounds to me like you'd enjoy a corvette a lot more. Light weight, good for carving corners, it's like an s2000 on juice. gt500 is like an s2000 on juice and cheeseburgers lol.

Mike1284

hey guy
Aug 8, 2006
Plainfield
+1, personally I think it's a mistake. Here's why: You enjoy the S2000 more than an 03 cobra because the cobra wasn't fun in the turns and had crappy interior (neither has improved much). That right there says that you probably won't be happy with another mustang that's heavier than your old one, WAY heavier than your current car, and no faster than an 03 cobra in a straight line. Drive it and maybe you'll feel different but I duno. Sounds to me like you'd enjoy a corvette a lot more. Light weight, good for carving corners, it's like an s2000 on juice. gt500 is like an s2000 on juice and cheeseburgers lol.

your crazy if you think the 2010 interior is vastly improved over previous years

Slow99x

ZOMBIE kill of the week
Jul 20, 2007
S2000=homomobile. The only way it could be gayer is if were a yellow S2000.
If you want something you can throw around twisties and still have the balls of a V8 without being a V8 then get an Evo 9. They will outhandle a modded Mustang stock and can hang in a straight line too.

Stay away from Subarus though. Their engines are junk even in STI form.

chilenny

Nov 20, 2008
I will never buy a Chevy so Corvette is out of the question. I wish Ford would just continue making the Fox Body Notch, the Notch was the best looking Mustang ever IMO.

I don't know about the S2000 as being a gay mobile. I am tired of the geek meet following the imports bring. When I first had a S2000 was back in 2001 and they were rare. Now many kids own them.

I guess I will wait for the MY10 GT500 to drop in price and pick one up in 2011.

SICNESS

Opulence...I has it...
May 3, 2006
This is my 3rd S2000 and this would be my 5th Mustang (89 GT, 90 Convert, 93 Notch, 03 Cobra). Now that I am getting older and bigger its harder to get into a S2000; but its the most fun car I have driven even with the lack of power.

The reason I sold the Termi is crappy interior and only enjoyment was going straight unless it hopped.

I want a 2010 GT500 but can't afford it yet. Found a 2007 and the dealer is willing to give me $17K for my MY06 S2K and I would pick up the GT500 for $32600. The only draw back its white without the stripes. The previous owner had the delete option. What should I do!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Vapor Silver 08 coupe with black stripes in stock. :biggthump

219Cobra

Cobra Lover
Aug 30, 2005
NWI
Just wait for the right Shelby to come around. To me there is no comparison to a s2000. Shelby = just plain bad ass. Plus the interior is way better than the new edge shit. I can never see myself buying a jap car for performance reasons, unless it's a gt-r or supera. Maybe even go as far a sti or evo. But that's about it for me.

Jan 5, 2010
Just wait for the right Shelby to come around. To me there is no comparison to a s2000. Shelby = just plain bad ass. Plus the interior is way better than the new edge shit. I can never see myself buying a jap car for performance reasons, unless it's a gt-r or supera. Maybe even go as far a sti or evo. But that's about it for me.

sti and evo are fun in the snow!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info