• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Should I e85

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I would probably say pick up a CJ intake then. That intake will make more power and extend the RPM band. I think it will improve ET more than the Flex Fuel tune. The CJ intake is a free tune revision. So the money you save on the tune can be used towards the cost of the intake set up. You can find used set ups for $1000 or so. Picking up .20-.30 in ET @ 4-5 mph is not uncommon.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I would probably say pick up a CJ intake then. That intake will make more power and extend the RPM band. I think it will improve ET more than the Flex Fuel tune. The CJ intake is a free tune revision. So the money you save on the tune can be used towards the cost of the intake set up. You can find used set ups for $1000 or so. Picking up .20-.30 in ET @ 4-5 mph is not uncommon.

I would also need a new nitrous plate for the cj intake

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I always figured e85 wasnt THAT beneficial on a NA car but I rode in someones 300hp all motor Honda last week and he mentioned switching to e85 offers a huge jump.....soooo.....i say if you dont mind the 600 bones, go for it.

This is typically the case but I think the coyotes respond well to ethanol even in NA applications. I wouldn't hesitate to run the corn sawse

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I would also need a new nitrous plate for the cj intake

That isn't too expensive and also can find used on occasion. But yes, that will add some to the conversion. Still think the CJ would be more beneficial.

but couldnt you recoup some of that cost in the selling of your currnet plate?

This too.

This is typically the case but I think the coyotes respond well to ethanol even in NA applications. I wouldn't hesitate to run the corn sawse

I would imagine any of these new motors would respond well since they all seem to be very high compression now a days.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Correct. They can set the tune to add a limited amount of timing when no knock is detected. But at some point, the extra timing doesn't make more power. So they allow the ECU to add timing to a point. But yes, my point was the addition of E85 is beneficial on these high compression motors as it has extra octane for added timing as well as lower combustion chamber temps. Which also combats detonation.

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
I'm not a fan of e85. If it helps u get to ur goals do it. U can always just spray it harder. In my honest opinion if u plan to stick with nitrous I would put a standalone fuel system in the car so ur not wasting good race fuel. You won't have to buy a 5 gallon pale everytime u go to the track. That's one thing I wish I did differently on my camaro.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i dont know about the lund kit, but if the car doesn't use an ethanol content sensor, then it probably uses the fuel trims and o2 sensors to come up with a 'round about' content.

im my experience it will work great, but not good for switching back and forth without plenty of 'learn' time in between wot runs, as mentioned above.

as i was reading this, i was thinking to myself "i bet brett already ordered this lol" good work look forward to going for a rip

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i dont know about the lund kit, but if the car doesn't use an ethanol content sensor, then it probably uses the fuel trims and o2 sensors to come up with a 'round about' content.

im my experience it will work great, but not good for switching back and forth without plenty of 'learn' time in between wot runs, as mentioned above.

as i was reading this, i was thinking to myself "i bet brett already ordered this lol" good work look forward to going for a rip

I was going to order it before I even made a thread, then I figured I'll ask Tcg what they think, then this morning I just said fuck it and ordered it lol, If it's any sort of noticeable difference it will be worth it lol

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Just seeing where it takes me, I drive past 3 e85 stations on the way to work so I figured why not, it is getting hit with the 150 next time out, I'll be happy with a 10.50 out of it I think messing with the window switch a little more may net a better 60 as well

We can just put in the whenever you want it to work window switch aka a button lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info