Shitbox plow truck project

Drago

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Shawano WI
Real Name
Tom
So, as if I needed yet another another project in my life, I acquired this turd to use as a plow truck this winter. Bought an 02 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 80e 4x4 with 101k from my buddy with the intentions of destroying it in the trailer race demo at the fair next summer, but I decided it's too "nice" and runs too good for that. It was used as a plow truck its last few years of life then buddy got drunk and ripped the rotten bed off with an excavator. Been sitting behind his shop for a year since then. So I decided to turn it into a decent plow truck for as cheap as possible. I bought it for $750 drove it home but needs a brake line, passenger side manifold, and driver floorboard/rocker need rust help desperately. I'll scab some patches and a rocker on it and fix the brake line. Scored a color match bed w/ topper and hitch receiver for 400, a Boss super duty 7'6" straight blade w/ controller for 1100, mount for 200, and wiring with brand new v-blade controller for $300. All facebook marketplace scores. So as of now I'm into it for $2750. Plan is to sell v blade controller for 150-200, cats for 400, and mint HD hood w/ grille for 300. I have a crappy hood to throw on it and ill find a half ton grille for a few bucks, so then I would be back to roughly less than 2k as a functioning plow truck. My ambitious plan is to break even on the whole thing plowing with it this winter

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

Drago

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Shawano WI
Real Name
Tom
Alright well thanks to the shit year for plowing this year I have a bit of an update. The truck is running good now but I haven’t installed any of the plow stuff yet. Thanks to the VS racing holiday sale it’s getting a gen 2.5 billet 7875 and probably a lowering kit in the near future. I do still plan to put the plow mount and wiring on it just for shits and giggles. Mook Mook you were right.. lol

4A6A910C-7AC0-43A4-A9C3-17D319882702.jpeg

Thread Info