• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Shifting question on 5 speed 04 mustang gt

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I cant say for the mustang for sure but I always thought it was the old transmitions with out syncros that you could do that with, I never tryed to shift without the clutch on any of my cars but my girlfriend shifts her eclipse with out the clutch all the time and it works fine for her but she isnt racing it either, I had asked my dad about it once and he said you wind it up tight let off the gas just a little bit and and you can feel it sync up, shift and hit the gas agian but all my 5 speed cars were expencive and i didnt want to break them so i never tryed it lol

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I did this easily in my mustang. And actually, the higher gears were easier to rev match shift.

Basically you have to find that point in the rpms that would exactly match the speed you are moving for that gear. It's all a feel thing. And to go from a stop, you of course need to use the clutch...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I was just curious if it could be done. The plan isn't to drive without using the clutch regularly

Yes it can be done, very easily as well, shocked me when I learned how years ago when I lost my slave cyl on my civic.

It seems to be much easier in the manual trucks I've driven, my 06 mustang gt doesn't like it at all, so I don't.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info