Shell E85

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I've read on here that a lot of people say the e85 iat Shell is terrible. The new Shell gas station just built in Itasca off rohlwing road is testing at E85 and today I tested it at E90.
Would this be said place, if so I'll be heading there tonight or tomorrow

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Stopped at the new Shell in Itasca. Since the tune was done on 93, I’ve filled up 3 times with E85 prior to tonight. So it’s safe to say there shouldn’t really be much if any 93 still in the car. I was at 67% prior to filling up at Shell. I put almost 14 gallons and I have a 20 gallon tank. She was bouncing between 70-71 after about a 10 mile drive. Definitely higher than Thortons in Streamwood.

Also Mook Mook the limit is 51%, there was a sign on the pump
IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_2413.jpeg

550iBernina

Sep 18, 2021
Every time I've gone, its been the state m

Stopped at the new Shell in Itasca. Since the tune was done on 93, I’ve filled up 3 times with E85 prior to tonight. So it’s safe to say there shouldn’t really be much if any 93 still in the car. I was at 67% prior to filling up at Shell. I put almost 14 gallons and I have a 20 gallon tank. She was bouncing between 70-71 after about a 10 mile drive. Definitely higher than Thortons in Streamwood.

Also Mook Mook the limit is 51%, there was a sign on the pump View attachment 164062

View attachment 164061

Hmmm... I used a brand new tester, the rev-x oil.com one that everybody buys on Amazon. It showed E90?

Now you got me confused on what to use to test ethanol????

I use the a Rev X tester last summer at multiple thorntons and the best I ever seen was e75

550iBernina

Sep 18, 2021
I mean test tube is fine but as most will tell you, it's not the most accurate.

Where is Pressure Ratio Pressure Ratio or like 1quick 1quick. Someone with more brains than me.
Most of the testers are literally just plastic or glass with a sticker on them so it's not like there's anything that can go bad.

For the water I use bottled water.

My past to fill ups I was hitting e85 with the tester and then yesterday it read E90.

550iBernina

Sep 18, 2021
Pumps arent putting out e90.

I mean test tube is fine but as most will tell you, it's not the most accurate.

Where is Pressure Ratio Pressure Ratio or like 1quick 1quick. Someone with more brains than me.
Yeah this is all new to me. I could see testers being off a little bit, but mine read E90. And unless there's something up with the bottled water, I can't figure out why I could be that far off.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Yeah this is all new to me. I could see testers being off a little bit, but mine read E90. And unless there's something up with the bottled water, I can't figure out why I could be that far off.
If the e85 has water contamination witch is common at gas stations that don’t turn over the tanks frequently it reads higher than it should on the test tube method

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info