NEW RIDE She did it of her own Accord

General Information

Bye Ford, hello Honda.

2022 Accord Touring 2.0T in Sonic Grey Pearl

1 less turbo in the garage, but 5-12 more MPG and a few hundo less per month. Win/win

Was fun watching them do showroom floor Tetris with the cars getting it out.

BC55B5A2-E857-4B87-8D63-40F5A9EBEC3E.jpeg

2270541F-907E-4B7A-822B-3AF7141EF113.jpeg

9355C076-8F9C-4F5B-AAB3-332CF76D9E67.jpeg

98C794BF-35BC-4301-8EBA-5A5609F0E575.jpeg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Is the washer fluid full still? :s00ls:

Congrats on the new ride, not congrats on the curb rash already. That could have been grounds for a divorce. :bowrofl:

She did make a comment last night, we went for a spin around town to test out some additional features once we got home. She asked if she should check the washer fluid to make sure it works and laughed. She did not check it.

Also, she knows (and owns up to) the fact that she's not great at parking) and curbs wheels all the time while parking. Since we know this is a thing, we always but the wheel protection when possible for her car.

She also mentioned while driving that this car felt more "her" than the Explorer ever did. And when she pulled over and let me drive the rest of the way home, she also mentioned that she was more comfortable in the passenger seat of the Accord than she ever did in the Explorer. I never once felt at ease or confident while driving the Explorer. I hated driving it and she hated me driving it. I was always fully aware of how big, heavy and powerful the Explorer was, with the potential to be deadly if I ever overdrove the car.

I did ask if she wanted to get personalize plates that say "I TLD U SO" for this car, she was not amused.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Glad she's happier now. Seems like a better move if you really didn't need that third row.

We needed a 3rd row more when the kids were really little. A minivan would have been ideal, but she refused to get one. Now that they're older, a sedan is plenty good. If we need to go somewhere with more than 5 people, well we'll take 2 cars.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Maybe, waiting on Mikey to confirm what we're rolling down there in, this thing, his fusion, the gt350, or walking.

One of the twins left a hoodie that she LOVES at the dealer. She realized about 10 mins after we got on the highway to come back home, in bumper to bumper traffic. Called dealer and asked if they'd mail it, nope. So I get to drive back to dealer before karting to pick up the hoodie then drive to karting, so I'll spend about 2.5 hours doing that tomorrow. If anyone wants to cruise from near Midway to Joliet, I'll be there.

Thread Info