BUILD Shawns 1971 Impala Donk

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I got it from IZZy IZZy but in no way, shape, or form would I blame him or accuse him of selling me a POS. He never opened it up.
The guy who did the swap also did the cam, oil pump, lifters, had the heads worked etc. So yes the lifter issue is probably on him, rings might not have been noticeably bad at the time. Izzy had no idea it had the early shitty rods. I just chalk it up as its a part of the game, and disaster avoided (hopefully). Not if, but when I turn her up to 800ish to the wheels, at least I know the bottom end will support it and then some.
Yeah I didn’t even know there was earlier rods that weren’t as good, that’s what happens when you are a Ford guy lol

Glad you caught the lifter issue now though.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Blue
Oct 24, 2007
Denver

IceCreamAssassin

Drive Safe, Don’t Rape
TCG Blue
Jan 28, 2011
Cary

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Blue
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Well as mentioned the cam had score marks on 4 lobes caused by the lifters
See my last report, you probably understand it better than me

He didnt say, he just said something was going on with my lifters. He said the cam is still totally useable, but recommends the guy I'm selling it to get new lifters.

View attachment 144144

I'm curious to know what they said about the IRON number on the 1st report. They have it in bold.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Blue
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm curious to know what they said about the IRON number on the 1st report. They have it in bold.
They didnt know it was a fresh build cam/heads, see below

Original report
Fuel may be related to sampling cold. In any case, 1.3% fuel isn't cautionary even if it might've had a hand in thinning the viscosity a bit below grade. Up in the spectral results, there are a few items that have our attention. Chrome is excessive to a point where it could possibly show a ring issue. Monitor oil consumption and seek inspection if operational issues are noted. Iron (steel) is high for just 600 miles too. Averages are based on a ~3,900-mile run. If silicon is from dirt, it could be contributing to wear. Check for air filtration issues and resample in 300 miles.

I let them know and they responded with this
SHAWN: Amended for sample info. Fuel may be related to sampling cold. In any case, 1.3% fuel isn't
cautionary even if it might've had a hand in thinning the viscosity a bit below grade. A few items are high in
the spectral results: chrome, iron, and silicon. They may be elevated compared to averages, but that's not
too atypical after a rebuild. Metals likely reflect wear-in and silicon is mainly from harmless sealers. We
should find good improvement in the highlighted elements at your next sample, especially if all is well on
your end. Averages are based on a ~3,900-mile run

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Blue
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I could push 1000-1200whp, which I will not be doing
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Blue
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I really shouldnt be that high, I'm thinking in the 750-900whp range now.
Here is my thing bro, the bottom end is being built. Why not turn it up now instead of doing all this shit later and double handling everything.
Not only would I be double handling everything, then I need to get the tune revised when I turn it up. Fuck all that, do it all now and be done with it.