BUILD Shawns 1971 Impala Donk

IceCreamAssassin

Drive Safe, Don’t Rape
TCG Blue
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I originally wanted to go flex, but I was told with the Holley you still have to swap tunes when running one or the other.
Heard that from 2 different people. Maybe I got to dig deeper into this.
After a quick google search according to their own instructions you can use a flex fuel sensor and it will adjust automatically.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Blue
Oct 24, 2007
Denver

Five-0

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
This Holley flex fuel talk is making me want to throw it on my soon to be out of budget stock bottom end SBF build. I mean why not right

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Blue
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Late night pickup lol. Dude texted and asked if I could meet him between 9-9:30p. Name the place and I’m there lol.

CA8B1D6A-F87D-4279-9091-379541F0FC58.jpeg

55FAD41C-8276-4FAD-80F1-F8EFF04EAFAA.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Blue
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
What heads are you taking off?
317's that have been machined and ported, have less than 1500 miles on them, they will be for sale. I got them for free from Satera, but spent $800 on them at the machine shop. They will also come with the BTR springs on them. I'll let them go to $500 to someone I know

Reactions: DEEZUZ

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Blue
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Tell me what your looking for and I will ask him what his pricing is.
Throttle body adapter 12-10017
Icon 92mm Throttle Body 10-13009
Throttle cable bracket 18-11009-1
Throttle Cable 18-140

Basically everything to make it drive by cable with the Holley instead of drive by wire with the control pack.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Blue
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Talking to a few people on Sunday at the car show and picking others brains. I'm leaning towards (not 100% yet) doing this over the winter.
I say not 100% because I really want to throw some power at this bitch now lol.
But I think the best route to go, is stock pile parts between now and winter time. Then just tackle everything at the same time and have the car ready for World of Wheels in March.

I'm 100% going to need a 9" to support the power, maybe not immediately but eventually. I drive my cars hard af, especially when boosted. So I will literally be a launch or 2 away from causing some major damage in the rear end. I'm going to have to order the 9' built to the way I want it. Pending cost of new rear barrels on my rims. Might go with a shorter rear end and put 7" lips on the rear rims (yes DEEZUZ DEEZUZ, you can fit a $100 bill on them lips lol). They are the standard 5" right now and you might be thinking, how much of a difference in 2". Its a huge difference visually and looks sooooo fucking good.

Going to do a 2 step or trans brake, not sure yet on whats the better application for me. Will be just to fuck around on the streets and maybe an occasional track visit but doubtful on that.

I'm also thinking of having the lid painted to match my car and possibly my valve covers (they are currently Chevy orange)

Open to suggestions and comments both positive and negative. I build my cars for me, so your not going to hurt my feelings with negative comments.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Blue
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Talking to a few people on Sunday at the car show and picking others brains. I'm leaning towards (not 100% yet) doing this over the winter.
I say not 100% because I really want to throw some power at this bitch now lol.
But I think the best route to go, is stock pile parts between now and winter time. Then just tackle everything at the same time and have the car ready for World of Wheels in March.

I'm 100% going to need a 9" to support the power, maybe not immediately but eventually. I drive my cars hard af, especially when boosted. So I will literally be a launch or 2 away from causing some major damage in the rear end. I'm going to have to order the 9' built to the way I want it. Pending cost of new rear barrels on my rims. Might go with a shorter rear end and put 7" lips on the rear rims (yes DEEZUZ DEEZUZ, you can fit a $100 bill on them lips lol). They are the standard 5" right now and you might be thinking, how much of a difference in 2". Its a huge difference visually and looks sooooo fucking good.

Going to do a 2 step or trans brake, not sure yet on whats the better application for me. Will be just to fuck around on the streets and maybe an occasional track visit but doubtful on that.

I'm also thinking of having the lid painted to match my car and possibly my valve covers (they are currently Chevy orange)

Open to suggestions and comments both positive and negative. I build my cars for me, so your not going to hurt my feelings with negative comments.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Reactions: Shawn1112