Drag to reposition cover

BUILD Shawns 1971 Impala Donk

OP
Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Man, we tried to have it done for my party. We were like 90% done. Close but no cigar, but imo we killed it. My guy gonna build some beauty panels for the trunk. All fab work was 100% done by my guy. When I left last night we only had the mids/highs running. I got video of the whole system running. Will upload video tomorrow. Couldn’t fit the 2-8” mids and tweeters in rear deck. So my guy built a rear console to match the front.

232128A9-298C-41C7-8D03-80AA7EFD7CEA.jpeg

1232D1CA-6421-4DEA-A98C-664F0E97BA18.jpeg

A60CDA5D-344C-4D24-A4CF-BC4BD4ABFEE4.jpeg

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Home, can’t drive it. Too much weight in trunk. Suspension guy can’t get me in for a week or 2. I’m going to throw some air shocks on at home. That way I can raise the rear to drive it
stop at play-it-again sports and pick yourself up some footballs.

put those in the springs and inflate to your desired pressure. ;)

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
Home, can’t drive it. Too much weight in trunk. Suspension guy can’t get me in for a week or 2. I’m going to throw some air shocks on at home. That way I can raise the rear to drive it
buy coil overs, install them?

OP
Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
wait a min... Shawn1112 Shawn1112 i think you already got air shocks on that thing....
You are correct, but no hoses going to them so dont even know if they are good. Gonna go buy a hose kit and throw it on there and see what happens.
I gotta get it up kinda high as the body roll while turning is what I'm concerned about.
buy coil overs, install them?
Have them, along with an anti roll bar for the rear and a bunch of other shit. I have special brackets for them in the rear that go with the anti roll bar and those need to be welded on. Just looking for a cheap fix to drive it until the suspension shop gets me in. Speaking of the suspension shop, just left there. Picked up my buddies Chevy on 28's, MFer sits perfect!

7B9CC02F-2FCE-4966-BCB4-0314FA6D24DE.jpeg

3AFCF2FE-B116-4947-A634-71A4FBEDE9AF.jpeg

F1416620-33C5-4D47-9983-F4B2DFAB9F19.jpeg

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
You are correct, but no hoses going to them so dont even know if they are good. Gonna go buy a hose kit and throw it on there and see what happens.
I gotta get it up kinda high as the body roll while turning is what I'm concerned about.

Have them, along with an anti roll bar for the rear and a bunch of other shit. I have special brackets for them in the rear that go with the anti roll bar and those need to be welded on. Just looking for a cheap fix to drive it until the suspension shop gets me in. Speaking of the suspension shop, just left there. Picked up my buddies Chevy on 28's, MFer sits perfect!

View attachment 94294

View attachment 94295

View attachment 94296
Yaj Yak Yaj Yak wants to know more about the Dad van in the back. :rofl:

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
isnt the valve behind the liscesnse plate? i thought it was...... and it was under pressure. i didnt disconnect anything, but had to leak it down and then refill it. when it was at out shop.

OP
Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
isnt the valve behind the liscesnse plate? i thought it was...... and it was under pressure. i didnt disconnect anything, but had to leak it down and then refill it. when it was at out shop.
I'll double check, but after you mentioned it. I remembered seeing the lines all ghetto rigged at my engine guys shop and I told him cut the lines as I didnt think I would need them. Maybe he re-routed them and did a good job of hiding them. Either way, its a 10 min fix if I need to put new lines in.

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
Get under there and adjust those collars then, probably needs more spring though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom