đź”– Deals sharp 1080p lcd 60" tv 699 @ bestbuy.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I will never buy a large purchase like that on a deal day. Most of those Black Fri deals are made extra cheaply and omit a lot of features that come with their normal models. You think you got a deal, but really you just bought a shitty 1080p tv.

I disagree. Some are... Some aren't. This one has been produced for a while and has many reviews already about how good it is. Come on ktraver97ss Wtf brah?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I am this (pinching fingers together) close to buying this because I really wanted to get at least a 50" TV for the living room but I cant bring myself to do it without financing.

I really dont wanna finance only cuz credit cards are a sinkhole for credit scores.

Not true. Credit cards can help your credit score a shit ton. Only if you have a lot of available credit that doesn't get used... Shows you are responsible

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Carrying a large balance, using a large amount of your relvolving credit will hurt, but not using credit cards at all is just as bad really. You want to use them and pay them off to gain a good history and then get them to raise your limits. You dont want to constantly be opening and closing cards, but you should definitly have a couple to build your credit with.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Most of these deals are for discontinued or old models...doesnt make them shitty units tho.

:werd:

Even when there's a special model made just for discounted purposes, the resolution and screen specs can all be the same but with fewer HDMI inputs or aux features. If you don't need all those inputs, why not go with the same TV at a cheaper price?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I am this (pinching fingers together) close to buying this because I really wanted to get at least a 50" TV for the living room but I cant bring myself to do it without financing.

I really dont wanna finance only cuz credit cards are a sinkhole for credit scores.

Huh? Credit cards are also the best way to build up your credit.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I agree with Turk. I'm 23 I have 4 credit cards and I just applied for my 5th and got approved with a 3k credit limit (also have two car loans, oneat 1.99apr w/ 0 down) . I'm really good about using little amounts on my cards and leaving revolving small balances on them. Im really good with my bills and ccs and think they're an amazing way to improve credit...but in the wrong hands they can be dangerous.

EDIT: To anyone paying attention, I've ninjedited this post like 5 times.

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Well look at that, I am wrong as fuck. lol All I remember is someone i know stayed up all night on thanksgiving to get this great deal on a tv from walmart last year. I think it was a samsung, but it turned out to be junk and a lot of bad reviews came out in the months after that. He ended up selling it for a good profit though.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Generally as long as your balance isn't more than 50% of your limit you are ok.

There is a pretty good app out there called Credit Karma that keeps you updated on your credit activity and score.

Not all that good.... I've had a mortgage since May, student loan for two and a half years... And those things don't show up with credit karma but do on other reports

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Well look at that, I am wrong as fuck. lol All I remember is someone i know stayed up all night on thanksgiving to get this great deal on a tv from walmart last year. I think it was a samsung, but it turned out to be junk and a lot of bad reviews came out in the months after that. He ended up selling it for a good profit though.

Well what you described before is walmart... They have their own tvs made for them by their suppliers... Most everything in walmart is this way, this is also why they advertise the price match guarantee so hard-because you aren't going to find their products anywhere else...

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I know a lot of manufacturers used to (and maybe still) make a lower end model just for black friday kind of deals. But it's also a way for the said manufacturers to get rid of older supplies and make room for newer models.

If you see a deal that's coming up for a Black Friday kind of sale, then do your research and check consumer reviews. Any articles I read on a product I hold with a grain of salt. I like to see what a majority of the consumers say as they have every day usage out of the products. Plus it doesn't hurt to get an extended warranty on any big technological products or when you spend a lot of money on a product. Covers yourself in the long run.

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Well what you described before is walmart... They have their own tvs made for them by their suppliers... Most everything in walmart is this way, this is also why they advertise the price match guarantee so hard-because you aren't going to find their products anywhere else...

Fuck your couch
:SP::uzi::sucks::shot2::sd3:

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Not all that good.... I've had a mortgage since May, student loan for two and a half years... And those things don't show up with credit karma but do on other reports

Everything was spot on for me. It updates me every time my balances change and recently updated me on an account I opened only a week or so after the account was opened. It was also spot on with my credit score when I purchased the elantra.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info