YouTube Sharkwerks built 3.8L & 4.1L motors in 997 911 GT3RS

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Sharkwerks is a well known Porsche shop. They developed, in partner with Evolution Motorsports, a big bore / stroker motor for the high revving GT3 (3.6L & 3.8L) motor in the 996 & 997 model 911.

Joe Rogan a big car guy and has a great collection for those of you who don't know. He isn't about them sitting in climate controlled garages to be looked at. He drives his cars hard. Rogan has talked about his Sharkwerks GT3 in his podcasts over the years. You can see in this video his excitement for it.

The blue Sharkwerks GT3RS sound so angry! Such an incredible car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjefaqTFJQg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
it sounds awesome but ohh man $60K to build an N/A 6 cylinder is crazy

It is definitely for the people who have lots of disposable cash in their pockets. haha Becuase honestly, at $90k+ for a 997 GT3 (non-RS) plus $60k for the motor, you might as well spend $180k for a 991.2 GT3 RS with the factory 4.0L. Because what's $30K - $50k at that point?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I would argue that my vette sounds damn good and probably turns just as many heads. Plus, its paid for.

I didn't say they vette doesn't sound good. One of the props I give the LS family of motors is that they do sound good. But you said you wanted a Porsche. So I said do it. My bad for being positive and supportive in your life!

:rofl:

Be a bad argument though.

:bowrofl: wow

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Drive my car. It might change your mind.

It won’t. There is a connection to a car when you drive a manual that isn’t there when you drive an automatic.

I’m not suggesting that driving your car is boring. In my opinion as an enthusiast, I want the most involved tactile driving experience possible and that involves a manual trans.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It won’t. There is a connection to a car when you drive a manual that isn’t there when you drive an automatic.

I’m not suggesting that driving your car is boring. In my opinion as an enthusiast, I want the most involved tactile driving experience possible and that involves a manual trans.

You'd be surprised how in control and connected you feel in manual mode. I had the same worry before I test drove the car...but it definitely changed my outlook.

Paddles arent a replacement for a clutch and shifter but its still far more fun that i was expecting. I still love driving the car...and you know how quick I am to abandon hope :rofl:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
You'd be surprised how in control and connected you feel in manual mode. I had the same worry before I test drove the car...but it definitely changed my outlook.

Paddles arent a replacement for a clutch and shifter but its still far more fun that i was expecting. I still love driving the car...and you know how quick I am to abandon hope :rofl:

Everything about using paddles with no clutch feels wrong. I’ve driven cars like that and it is just wrong.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
DCT cars are built for a purpose such as to extract the best ET, lap time, and so on. It isn't about the driver's experience. It is cold and emotionless but highly efficient. DCT, stability control, traction control, and more make driving some of these new cars feel so sterile. Only rewarding when you see the impressive ET or lap times.

The manual trans car is much more analog and less efficient. But as an enthusiast looking to have fun, who cares? That engagement stirs up feelings in us. That driver's experience and thrill are rewarding. Even at the expense of ET and lap times.

Some of the new automatics and DCT are incredible. There is a place in the market for them. But not everyone is willing to let the computer do a job they enjoy doing.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
giphy.gif

DCT cars are built for a purpose such as to extract the best ET, lap time, and so on. It isn't about the driver's experience. It is cold and emotionless but highly efficient. DCT, stability control, traction control, and more make driving some of these new cars feel so sterile. Only rewarding when you see the impressive ET or lap times.

The manual trans car is much more analog and less efficient. But as an enthusiast looking to have fun, who cares? That engagement stirs up feelings in us. That driver's experience and thrill are rewarding. Even at the expense of ET and lap times.

Some of the new automatics and DCT are incredible. There is a place in the market for them. But not everyone is willing to let the computer do a job they enjoy doing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info