• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Shakles are here!!!

Skrat

You Go. We Go.
Apr 30, 2008
also, I'll probably order front springs and lower the fron 1.5 inches in the near future, but ill be happy to even it out right now. Moneys a bitch for now, I'm trying to buy a house, so every penny is being used, but I cant look at it with the stock height anymore. it looks like a pickup truck!!!

The shackles themselves are easy.
Go all the way to what they claim is the 4" hole.
It will only lower the truck about 1.5" at the wheel well.
No problem with shocks or bump stops.

The bigger job will be that you will need to spin the pinion angle shims around the other way.
Trust me, we have been through this hundreds of times on NLOC.
On the 03's and 04's for sure you will get a drivetrain vibration and chew up your u-joints if you don't.

You will need to undo the axle to leaf spring U-bolts.
The locator bolt runs through the springs and shim.
If you are lucky you can clamp the spring pack and spin the shims the other way.
If not you will have to loosen that bolt.
There is just a tapered pin head on the lower side. You will have to grab that with a pipe wrench. Vise grips will slip off.
Don't break the bolt! It's some weird size that cant be found. I think it's 11mm:dunno:

Nope, you already spent all the money you need to.
Just need some wrenchs, floor jack, jackstands, WD-40 and a free afternoon.

I looked up some old pictures from mine.
The JLP's in the top hole will lower the truck almost 2 inches at the wheel well. It will look even lower at the rear bumper.
It was all I needed to make me happy.
Leveled the truck out and I could still haul stuff.

Don't be making fun of the winter wheels in the pictures:cool2:

Stock Height
Stock.jpg

JLP 4 inch shackle
JLP4inch.jpg

Stock – Bell Tech 3 inch – JLP 4 inch
StkBellJLP.jpg

Skrat

You Go. We Go.
Apr 30, 2008
Sweeet. They're on! The truck sits even now, but I'm not happy yet. I'm ordering some leaf springs for another 2.5'' in the rear, and spindles for 2'' in the front.
Any advice on spindles?? Where to order? best price?
I'm assuming Belltech is the best to go with??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info