Seriously thinking about selling my 03 Cobra

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I’m the original owner. It only has 9k miles on it. This August, it will be 17 years since I bought it. Lol. It has a 2.76 pulley on it. With supporting mods. Dyno tune with A Xcal 2. I think.

I’m just bored with it. I know I’ll get sellers remorse. But. Oh well. I know I’ll be happy with the $$$ I get for it.

I love my Camaro SS. So much better technology. Probably keep that for a few more years and maybe upgrade to a new GT500. When the prices come back down to at least sticker.

I’m gonna look at a brand new T-SHO. Very excited. I love those cars and the power and technology. And get rid of my old Grand Am too.

Just so. I’ll only have 2 cars. I’m getting old man. Tired of taking care of 3 cars and paying for the insurance and registration every year.

Health problems from kidney stones and a damaged right ureter really prevented me from driving it over the last 8 years. I already put 3k miles on my Camaro SS in just over a year. Because it’s an automatic.

I still love the 03 Cobra but I can’t really drive a stick in city traffic anymore. My chronic pain on the right side acts up. It’s very frustrating. The Camaro is auto and a lot more comfortable and more leg room.

What do you guys think? Looking for advice.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I semi regret selling mine but I drove the shit out of it and it wasn't a low mileage unicorn.

My advice tho...and it's why I continually have a different car...if you dont get into your car and want to drive it, it's time to sell. Fuck letting these cars sit. Drive them and enjoy them.

If you don't like driving it, pocket the sales money while the market still wants the car.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Does it still spark joy?

Yes. Of course. That blower whine at WOT. Is fucking awesome!!!

Like I mentioned. I’d also sell my dd. Grand Am and Cobra. Buy a brand new Taurus SHO. As a daily. So I’d just have the Camaro and SHO for now.

I would trade up in a couple years to maybe a new GT500.

You guys wouldn’t believe how many surgeries I’ve had from 3 different Urologists. In Munster, IN. Chicago and Indianapolis. The last surgery done by the surgeon in Indy said there was damage in my right ureter from surgical instruments. All because I had a stone stuck in there. Wtf.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
510b9ba70b4deeda5307284aa3b61cf2.jpg

Do cobra boots come with?

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Yes. Of course. That blower whine at WOT. Is fucking awesome!!!

Like I mentioned. I’d also sell my dd. Grand Am and Cobra. Buy a brand new Taurus SHO. As a daily. So I’d just have the Camaro and SHO for now.

I would trade up in a couple years to maybe a new GT500.

You guys wouldn’t believe how many surgeries I’ve had from 3 different Urologists. In Munster, IN. Chicago and Indianapolis. The last surgery done by the surgeon in Indy said there was damage in my right ureter from surgical instruments. All because I had a stone stuck in there. Wtf.

Imagine a world where the doctors financial incentives are results based.. :picard: Good luck and hope you are researching the fuck out of your aliments and not flying blind.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Imagine a world where the doctors financial incentives are results based.. :picard: Good luck and hope you are researching the fuck out of your aliments and not flying blind.

Thanks man. There’s some malpractice and mediocre medical for sure.

The university of Chicago medical center did a half ass/mediocre job on my right ureter. The doctor “professor” of urology surgery was a real asshole about it too. They don’t even know what caused the stones in the first place. I drink a lot more fluids now, that should prevent any new ones.

But I went down to Indiana university medical center and had it fixed. In Indianapolis. There much better surgeons down there than Chicago. But. Suffer from pain from it. More pain now than I did before all this bullshit with kidney stones even started.

I used to workout and play basketball.

I do have a slight to moderate prescriptions addiction but I don’t give a fuck sometimes. :rofl:

I am gonna try and get medical marijuana though.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm of the mind that if you don't drive something at least once a month (in season), it's probably not worth keeping. The exception would be a car that belonged to a departed family member and it has emotional value...and still gets driven randomly.

It depends on garage space too. I only have a 3-car garage, so any more than that will require me to put something in storage over the winter.

Thread Info