Seriously thinking about selling my 03 Cobra

Marko

Reaction score
I’m the original owner. It only has 9k miles on it. This August, it will be 17 years since I bought it. Lol. It has a 2.76 pulley on it. With supporting mods. Dyno tune with A Xcal 2. I think.

I’m just bored with it. I know I’ll get sellers remorse. But. Oh well. I know I’ll be happy with the $$$ I get for it.

I love my Camaro SS. So much better technology. Probably keep that for a few more years and maybe upgrade to a new GT500. When the prices come back down to at least sticker.

I’m gonna look at a brand new T-SHO. Very excited. I love those cars and the power and technology. And get rid of my old Grand Am too.

Just so. I’ll only have 2 cars. I’m getting old man. Tired of taking care of 3 cars and paying for the insurance and registration every year.

Health problems from kidney stones and a damaged right ureter really prevented me from driving it over the last 8 years. I already put 3k miles on my Camaro SS in just over a year. Because it’s an automatic.

I still love the 03 Cobra but I can’t really drive a stick in city traffic anymore. My chronic pain on the right side acts up. It’s very frustrating. The Camaro is auto and a lot more comfortable and more leg room.

What do you guys think? Looking for advice.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I semi regret selling mine but I drove the shit out of it and it wasn't a low mileage unicorn.

My advice tho...and it's why I continually have a different car...if you dont get into your car and want to drive it, it's time to sell. Fuck letting these cars sit. Drive them and enjoy them.

If you don't like driving it, pocket the sales money while the market still wants the car.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
9k miles in 17 years. Christ I still can't get over that. I know I'm a no driving SOB but that's just another level.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Does it still spark joy?

Marko

Reaction score
Does it still spark joy?
Yes. Of course. That blower whine at WOT. Is fucking awesome!!!

Like I mentioned. I’d also sell my dd. Grand Am and Cobra. Buy a brand new Taurus SHO. As a daily. So I’d just have the Camaro and SHO for now.

I would trade up in a couple years to maybe a new GT500.

You guys wouldn’t believe how many surgeries I’ve had from 3 different Urologists. In Munster, IN. Chicago and Indianapolis. The last surgery done by the surgeon in Indy said there was damage in my right ureter from surgical instruments. All because I had a stone stuck in there. Wtf.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
shoot me a pm if you decide to sell it . No BS ,cash deal here

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
Reaction score
I’d be bored with an upper only Eaton Cobra too.

JeffsLightning

Reaction score

Like I mentioned. I’d also sell my dd. Grand Am and Cobra. Buy a brand new Taurus SHO. As a daily. So I’d just have the Camaro and SHO for now.
New SHO's will be harder to find as production has ended..

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fuck it dump it. Get a nice photo to hang in the garage. If your health doesn't allow you to enjoy stick with the chebby

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score

I would trade up in a couple years to maybe a new GT500.

You guys wouldn’t believe how many surgeries I’ve had from 3 different Urologists. In Munster, IN. Chicago and Indianapolis. The last surgery done by the surgeon in Indy said there was damage in my right ureter from surgical instruments. All because I had a stone stuck in there. Wtf.
Imagine a world where the doctors financial incentives are results based.. :picard: Good luck and hope you are researching the fuck out of your aliments and not flying blind.

Marko

Reaction score
Imagine a world where the doctors financial incentives are results based.. :picard: Good luck and hope you are researching the fuck out of your aliments and not flying blind.
Thanks man. There’s some malpractice and mediocre medical for sure.

The university of Chicago medical center did a half ass/mediocre job on my right ureter. The doctor “professor” of urology surgery was a real asshole about it too. They don’t even know what caused the stones in the first place. I drink a lot more fluids now, that should prevent any new ones.

But I went down to Indiana university medical center and had it fixed. In Indianapolis. There much better surgeons down there than Chicago. But. Suffer from pain from it. More pain now than I did before all this bullshit with kidney stones even started.

I used to workout and play basketball.

I do have a slight to moderate prescriptions addiction but I don’t give a fuck sometimes. :rofl:

I am gonna try and get medical marijuana though.

bmoore04

Reaction score
Sell it. Drive and enjoy the car that you can with your medical situation and don't look back.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm of the mind that if you don't drive something at least once a month (in season), it's probably not worth keeping. The exception would be a car that belonged to a departed family member and it has emotional value...and still gets driven randomly.

It depends on garage space too. I only have a 3-car garage, so any more than that will require me to put something in storage over the winter.

snakebyte

Reaction score
List it on bring a trailer and see what it brings. Set a reserve if you want.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
Sell the T56 for a good chunk of change and do a 4R70W swap.

I understand the feeling of wanting to sell though. My Boss 302 collects dust. I think I drove it 4 times in 2018. I love the car, but hate commuting in it and don't do much car stuff on weekends anymore.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
termi fan bois would lose their fucking minds

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Still would have 2 sports cars. Which doesn't make sense

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thing that bothers me is if you sell it, then that's possibly one more mint termi that some faggit could hack up and put a cage in it and tub it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom