Selling the Cobra. Title advice needed.....

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
Cobra should be sold early next week. The buyer just sold his car and the Cobra will be his only vehicle for now. The title will take 6-10 business days to be transfered to the buyer's credit union. Should I hold onto the car until the title has been legally signed and transfered? Or should I write up a contract that we both sign and keep stating he purchased the vehicle and is responsible for anything that happens to car within that time frame?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If he is paying out of pocket, then unfortunatly he is going to just have to wait to pickup the car and title until you get it. You'd need an attorney to make a contract that would hold up in court incase something goes wrong. If you make your own, there is little/no chance it will hold up.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
You should be fine with a bill of sale. Name date mileage vin sold as is. He won't be able to plate it until he gets the title anyway.
I wouldn't stress over it. I'm assuming you still owe on it and you will be taking the money to the bank your loan is through. The bank should be able to help you guys out and speed things along.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
Contract... Also state how much he is paying for the car, and that the car is sold AS-IS so he cannot sue you for any damages or defects with the car or any mods/work you did to it

This is correct plus any contract over $5,000 must be notorized and that can be done at any bank for a small fee. That will make it a legaly binding contract and you won't need an attorney.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info