Selling stuff on Facebook.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I realized I sound kinda stupid on my part because I believe in 2004 they only made RWD. He could have the wrong year tho. Point being yet another person making zero effort to make a sale.

1677690175253.png

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I realized I sound kinda stupid on my part because I believe in 2004 they only made RWD. He could have the wrong year tho. Point being yet another person making zero effort to make a sale.

View attachment 153198
Those look like Style 137s. They won't have the offset you need. Those are 20MM. You need in the 40s

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I would definitely block him. I've probably got over 300 people blocked on FB ? mainly cause of that BS posted above. Time wasters and I know you couldn't give a fuck about what he wants to do with that engine.

Yeah. You would think he'd know what he's buying and how he's going to use it before making multiple offers to buy it.

I had another buyer from WI that was a 19 year old kid that was asking all sorts of weird questions that indicated he didn't know his ass from his elbow, and then wanted me to disassemble the motor in front of him so he could look at the shape of the combustion chamber. I finally told him to pound sand. Even if he did buy it, I knew the likelihood of him fucking something up and blaming me would be too high.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
My theory is that FB makes it too easy for people to just browse and window shop - like a mall. So people are more inclined to ask questions and pretend like they actually have two nickels to rub together.

Back in the Forum and Craigslist days, buyers were actively searching for specific things.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
My theory is that FB makes it too easy for people to just browse and window shop - like a mall. So people are more inclined to ask questions and pretend like they actually have two nickels to rub together.

Back in the Forum and Craigslist days, buyers were actively searching for specific things.
Meanwhile I’m messaging, texting and calling fuckers on fb to buy a car and get ghosted hard.
Futurama Buy GIF

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
I'm selling a set of wheels and this guy has been hounding me to get them. First person sees them today and they won't work for his rear end so he passes. Tell the hounder come and get them you're next. Immediately says "going to the bank right now" hour later... "Oh my bank is closed I can't get them till next weekend, don't hold them for me"

I think he saw his balance and said oh fuck $600 will bankrupt me ?

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

Thread Info