Selling stuff on Facebook.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
We replaced our old microwave. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's 30 years old, the buttons are worn out, and most of our appliances are stainless now. I was going to give it to Goodwill, but I'm lazy and don't really want to transport it.

My wife decided to put it for free on marketplace as a curb alert. If someone wants it, it'll be in the driveway. Just come get it.

A guy said he was on his way from a town that's an hour away. Neither of us obviously give a shit though. If it's gone when he gets here he's shit out of luck and I'll have nothing to do with it. This guy wants to spend $30 in gas and two hours of his free time to MAYBE get a 30 year old POS microwave with no turntable?! Sometimes I think these are the decisions that put people on welfare. I bet they show up in a clapped out Ram that got 12mpg on the way here too. ?‍♂️

Sometimes, I make a 'FREE at the curb' post just to see who comes for it. When we moved in to our place, there was an old tire on the side of the house. I put it up for free on Marketplace...was a popular size and not in too bad of shape, figure someone could use it for a spare/engine stand/tire swing/fuck it, and some dude drove like 45 minutes to come get it :rofl: The whole time knowing it was out on the curb and not a guarantee that it was going to be there when he showed up.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Speaking of long distances...this reminds me. About early May, I was outside letting the kids play. When I saw this new Sierra Denali show up and park across the street. A man and woman get out and start standing around, it caught my eye but they weren't looking shady or unsettling so I ignored them, kept BS'ing in the garage and watching the kids play. The woman comes over to me after about 15 minutes of standing around the truck, and asks me if I knew the neighbor across the street (3 unit building). Told her sorry, I didn't know any of them at all, barely a name.

(I knew the pile of sticks in the middle unit, only because we had called 911 on him one night when we saw him pop his g/f right in the nose and take off, nearly running over her and their kids who were screaming for help in the driveway...which ended up being a major situation, and basically confirming what all of us surrounding neighbors had feared/seen in the past since they moved in...found out he was a MAJOR heroin/fentanyl/xanax user and seller... and basically a big fuck on society..and the next day, her parents flew up from Florida and packed up her and the kids' belongings and drove them back to FL, haven't seen them since...dude still showed up every so often hiding from his warrant, until he was finally evicted a couple weeks ago)

...anyway, this lady said she came from Valpo to buy a grille from a girl on OfferUp and was given this address. She told me her name was Vanessa..."I think it's Vanessa but I can't remember the name on the account"..Nope sorry don't know anyone by that name. They stayed another 10 or so minutes banging on the door and left empty handed. I went to try to find this grille listing, and sure as shit it was created by this douchebag, he was using his g/f's account (her name is not Vanessa) and just straight up ghosted them...probably passed out in his car in the garage.

I'd have been so pissed off if I drove all that way to be ghosted at the destination.

• Wow
Reactions: v6buicks

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007

18EABB85-4F95-40E7-B05B-9A4801285145.jpeg

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
He wants them to complete his “drag pack”
but what he "wants" and what his "budget" allows are not lining up.

the freaking M&H front runners are more than that alone, and good luck finding the rubber. i know a few people looking for drag radials and theyre MONTHS out to get.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
but what he "wants" and what his "budget" allows are not lining up.

the freaking M&H front runners are more than that alone, and good luck finding the rubber. i know a few people looking for drag radials and theyre MONTHS out to get.

Should have countered with the old now “the price is double” just to really get him going

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
hey now, i was one of those guys. i didnt like swapping wheels around. so i just cruised it on big and littles all summer long lol

I hear ya..yeah I'd be the same. Annoying AF to constantly switch out street setup to track setup, this guy probably was going to buy them for the public eye. "tHeY'lL lOoK gOoD oN mY g8" aka he'll go to the track a time or 2 all spring/summer/fall.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I hear ya..yeah I'd be the same. Annoying AF to constantly switch out street setup to track setup, this guy probably was going to buy them for the public eye. "tHeY'lL lOoK gOoD oN mY g8" aka he'll go to the track a time or 2 all spring/summer/fall.
You've described 99% of coyote Mustangs rolling around on beadlocks.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I kept wondering why the guy I was trying to message regarding a car for sale wasn't responding or even logged into Facebook. After a bit of googling of the guy's name, I found out that it's for the best that he stays off the computer for a while.

Thread Info