Selling stuff on Facebook.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Some of my listings are getting ZERO traffic until I get 1-2 initial messages then I just get flooded. Probably due to the algorithm. Anyone use the promote function to sell stuff? A few bucks to reach 1000 people seems like a OK investment. Its just this bullshit that I don't like

Im sorry but tax was already paid on what I am selling when it was new. A seller or a buyer should not be taxed again. I know facebook itself isnt going to tax me but this could really fuck people that promote and sell alot of stuff on FB if they get audited.

That’s how it works. My friends and I usually message each other back and forth to get the traffic going

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
IMG_20210404_091826.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
I just give those people the address where I usually meet people (grocery store nearby). I figure either they'll actually show or they waste their time going at some random fucking time and I move along.

1060 W. Addison
Chicago

Worked for a couple of other guys.. [emoji16]

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
FB this week.

People asking for delivery like I am UPS.

People talking to me in Spanish with no profile picture. I do not know what you are trying to communicate. But obviously if you found this listing you know some English. Put a dam profile picture up so you seem legit and serious.

Had a guy offer me $3 for my $20 item. Like fuck, where do you even come up with that?

Girl offers me $10 on a bag I was asking $20 for. Says she's a college student. I'm like whatever come get it, message me when you are ready to come by for address. Two days go by and I ask her if she still wants it. "Will you accept $5? You are pretty far away". You just told me you would pay $10 and you know my location?

A Karen messages me and asks me if that is my best price. yeah its my best price lady. "I would be buying this for a homeless friend I am trying to get into a home". Not like I am buying your story, but do I look like a charity? Pretty sure there are places that people donate stuff to be given to the homeless?

Posted a trolling motor. Guy messages me asking a billion questions, asks for more pictures etc. For some reason I answered them and send him some additional pictures. He ghosts me. I asked if he still wanted it. He says I am too far away. DUDE my location is in the ad. If you are not willing to drive here why the fuck are u asking me all these questions?

Posted plain old orange extension cord idk maybe 50 or 100ft for $10. Sat there for a week with zero messages. Next thing I get like 20 people saying they want it. Fuck man someone come get it.

Multiple people asking for my address like I am a store and they can come whenever they want. I tell them my location (city) and ask them when they can come by. Then they don't respond for 6 hours. fuck man stop acting like a serious buyer. tire kicker.

More of this shit sits with zero activity then blows up and people practically fight over it.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Megan sold something from the wedding for like $5. FIVE dollars. The woman shows up with two singles, 8 quarters, and 10 fucking dimes.

She told me the other day her sister was selling some brand new never worn pants. The lady must’ve come up to the house, put the money in the mail box, grabbed the pants, PUT THEM ON IN HER CAR, didnt like them so she put the pants back, and took her money back.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I’ve had my fair share of people not show up to the usual meet spot (never my house) that I’ve never given them my address. If it’s something large that I’m not loading up, I’ll meet them there then tell them to follow me.

if you can’t understand why then gtfo off cl

Reactions: justbob

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I’ve had my fair share of people not show up to the usual meet spot (never my house) that I’ve never given them my address. If it’s something large that I’m not loading up, I’ll meet them there then tell them to follow me.

if you can’t understand why then gtfo off cl

I tell them it’s because the address is funky, but the no-shows are the main reason. Anything small I meet them there, larger stuff I give then my actual address once they arrive.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The crude spelling and all the grammar mistakes just make me cringe. You know the more you deal with them the lower your IQ is going to get.

It’s a language barrier to a degree as well. Without sounding like a dick, the burden of understanding falls on the buyer. I’ve bought plenty of shit from people who don’t speak English well, it’s on me to translate and figure shit out.

Thread Info