Selling stuff on Facebook.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Smells like bitch in here. Accept my ball or delete. Don't like it throw your garbage away instead. /Thread
Smells like a tire kicker. Why throw it away when I can get $100? Good luck on your $50 bike search.

SOLD
20200928_112957.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Was waiting the whole weekend and bitching on here worth $50? Hell even $30 if he offered you $70 a week prior. Seems a week or so of storage and dickery isn't worth $30

you haven't read PANDA PANDA's posts before have you?

dude would step over a hundo to pick up a dime, then write a yelp review about how tarnished the dime was.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Was waiting the whole weekend and bitching on here worth $50? Hell even $30 if he offered you $70 a week prior. Seems a week or so of storage and dickery isn't worth $30

I wasn't home this weekend to sell. Its been sitting since 2002 so I don't care if I have to let it sit another week to get my fair asking price. Sold to the first guy who actually came out to make an offer.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Shoot, I should ask for a discount at fry's because I have to drive so far...

View attachment 67860View attachment 67861

Had this happen with my Catalina I have up. I have my price listed, interested buyer and I had been going back and forth. I tell him I will be at the other house between certain hours on Saturday. He finally responds that he needs a truck and a trailer, and that I should take his offer (which is half the price I have it listed).

GTFO of here. Your logistics aren't my fucking problem!

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Yeah I mean this pretty much sounds like Facebook marketplace to me. Eventually you just kinda become numb to the stupidity. Key is to not go out of your way for anybody. If they want it, they’ll figure out how to get it and pay. If a seller truly seems interested and has a good track record with communication, I will do more to work with them as far as adjusting my schedule and whatnot. That’s about 5% of all buyers though.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Yeah I mean this pretty much sounds like Facebook marketplace to me. Eventually you just kinda become numb to the stupidity. Key is to not go out of your way for anybody. If they want it, they’ll figure out how to get it and pay. If a seller truly seems interested and has a good track record with communication, I will do more to work with them as far as adjusting my schedule and whatnot. That’s about 5% of all buyers though.
100% this. well said fellow no patience having marketplace super seller.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon01 and Outlaw

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Couple months ago I was selling my 58” plasma tv. I told the guy he needed a van or SUV to pick it up. Of course he showed up in a Honda Civic.

Well we tried to fit it, but like I told him he needed a van. He ghosted me after that. At least I helped him scratch up the interior of his car.

I did get a lot of stupid questions and lowballing, but it sold two days later and I got what I wanted out of it. Bought it 4 years ago for $250, and sold it for $125. Not bad cost of ownership

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Couple months ago I was selling my 58” plasma tv. I told the guy he needed a van or SUV to pick it up. Of course he showed up in a Honda Civic.

Well we tried to fit it, but like I told him he needed a van. He ghosted me after that. At least I helped him scratch up the interior of his car.

I did get a lot of stupid questions and lowballing, but it sold two days later and I got what I wanted out of it. Bought it 4 years ago for $250, and sold it for $125. Not bad cost of ownership
I am whole assed that guy. ?

I've picked up a lot of stuff I shouldn't have in my Volvo C30. Lumber, several 3800s, a Ford 8.8 rear end, and transmissions just to name a few, but it all worked out. I only had to turn around once because I couldn't get a toilet in through the hatch opening while it was still in the box. Lol. Everything else was handled in the very short time period of me owning a truck or with the help of buddies.

Thread Info