Selling stuff on Facebook.

Dr. Jimbo

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Does it come with a DEWALT battery for Dr. Jimbo Jimbo ?
troll GIF

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Sigh. I don't care anymore.

I sold three of these without any of these questions because people knew what they were...

Screenshot_20220525-222356.png

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden nut swinger
Reaction score
Yea, they've been doing it for awhile now. They tried that shit when I was selling the old van. Yea, I'll get right on that code shit. :D

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I've been using eBay to sell extra car parts and it's so much easier than Facebook. I take the time to include part numbers and all models that the part fits in my listing and parts seem to sell within 1-2 days for what my full asking price on Facebook would have been. Paying the eBay service fees is well worth not having to talk or interact with idiots on Facebook marketplace.

Five-0

Addict
Reaction score
I've been using eBay to sell extra car parts and it's so much easier than Facebook. I take the time to include part numbers and all models that the part fits in my listing and parts seem to sell within 1-2 days for what my full asking price on Facebook would have been. Paying the eBay service fees is well worth not having to talk or interact with idiots on Facebook marketplace.
What parts have you been selling, or are still selling 👀

TS
TS
PANDA

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I feel like Facebook marketplace is going the way of craigslist. Seems like nothing comes up in my search results but junk and ads now.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
im wondering the same thing. i got on my dads account and searched for some of the items i have listed, and couldnt find anything. i wonder if theyre ghosting ads like craigslist did when you had a BUNCH of stuff listed.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Facebook sucks, hopefully all the spammers burn that bullshit down.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm selling my 2010 Volvo C30.

This college kid gets right to the point which was a good first impression and probably a big reason why I've had so much patience. In the first message he asks when I'm available to show it. We agree on a rough window of time.

Window of time comes.

"Are you still planning on coming tonight?"

👻

Next day:
1654277752304.png
At least he actually said something?

"tmrw or Wedneday" comes and goes

👻

Thursday:
1654277879961.png
At this point, nobody has been interested in giving me a reasonable offer. Neither has this kid, but I've been at home a lot remodeling anyway, so if he wants to fuck around he isn't hurting me. I also found a truck that I really want to buy, so I have no problem trading this car in if he can't get his shit together in time.

Lo and behold! He actually shows up....

He doesn't ask any questions. He actually knows a thing or two about Volvos because he's helped his dad fix their S40 and XC90. He drives it, likes it and gives me a reasonable offer I can work with. We haggle a bit and come to an agreement. Then he says he doesn't have any money with him. He'll have to come tomorrow.

Knowing damn well when I come home from work every day, I get this bullshit on my lunch break.
1654278281546.png
1654278348176.png
Which was a lie. I'd love to go out and enjoy this gorgeous afternoon, but I'm not doing it for him! Fucking kids. He was trying to play me last night like he's broke despite wearing all designer clothes and fancy shoes. GTFO

I like to think he's just wasting his own time at this point, and he still may be. If the car isn't gone Sunday, it gets traded in on Monday.

Top Bottom