Selling stuff on Facebook.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I was shopping for a gently used bike for my oldest son. The description of the bike was just '24" Huffy Boys Mountain Bike'. I couldn't tell what model it was from the pics. I wanted to know so that I could gauge the fairness of the price. I asked the lady three times and got no where. It was a brand new bike that still had the stickers/tags on it. It really shouldn't have been that hard. I just decided that I didn't want to deal with her stupid ass anymore and moved on. To be fair, I don't think English was her primary language, but her replies led me to believe that she should have been able to understand what I was asking. The first time I asked her what model it was, she repeated that it was a '24" Huffy bike'.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I was shopping for a gently used bike for my oldest son. The description of the bike was just '24" Huffy Boys Mountain Bike'. I couldn't tell what model it was from the pics. I wanted to know so that I could gauge the fairness of the price. I asked the lady three times and got no where. It was a brand new bike that still had the stickers/tags on it. It really shouldn't have been that hard. I just decided that I didn't want to deal with her stupid ass anymore and moved on. To be fair, I don't think English was her primary language, but her replies led me to believe that she should have been able to understand what I was asking. The first time I asked her what model it was, she repeated that it was a '24" Huffy bike'.
I mean there are some people in this world where if you ask them what car they have they will respond with "The blue one"

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Pot calling the kettle black there.

Cuz from. What I read, you didn't tell them that.

Do I need to post the entire conversation for you to understand? I don't hold stuff for anyone unless they pay up front or give a deposit. Fuck the dibs game everyone else seems to play.

That's another problem I have.

(Posts ad at 830)

Tire kicker 1 at 845AM: Is it still available?

Buyer 1 at 9AM: I can come tonight at 5PM.

Buyer 2 at 11AM: I can come at noon.

I typically do not pay the dibs game unless I am really selling something of value and someone sends me a deposit or something but first come first serve. Yet seems like everyone else selling on FB plays it. Yeah you messaged me first but if this guy can come before you I am not taking the chances of you bailing at 5PM. I need my shit sold.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
bike.jpg

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
I’d charge twice as much and make it function and remove anything about any issues. Sold my wife’s bike for $250 in like an hour. Dude sat on it, rolled it around and handed me the rest of the money.

^^^this^^^, it’s all about perceived value, if it’s priced high, but less than you could buy it for new, people will flock to it, done it many times.

Thread Info