Selling stuff on Facebook.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
In the body shop world, front clip rear clip are terms used. Generally it (a rear clip), is cut across the floor and at the a pillars and includes all the structure, a front clip or cowl cut, is cut just behind the windshield at the roof and across the floor.

In the old days, you could clip a car for a repair and it was normal practice by shops and insurance approved. Now with liability as it is, it is a big no-no, but if your restoring a car, you can do as you please.

Reactions: justbob

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Not a Facebook deal but years ago I was playing around making my own jerky. A coworker comes up and asks if I like teriyaki. He offered to sell me some orange teriyaki seasoning for $3 or $4 bucks Originally $7.99. He proceeds to tell me he only used it once. ?
You want to sell me open jerky seasoning that you tried and didn't like?! He goes on to tell me his wife got it at farm and fleet 3 for $12 or something like that.. ?
So you want to sell me used jerky mix for the same price you paid new? Dude just ask me if you can have some lunch money at that point.

If I have something worth $5 or $10 bucks that a friend or acquaintance can use I just give it to them. I'm not made of money but I'm not going to sell something to a friend for $5.

Reactions: boostedguy05

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Why do you do this Lamar why...

F331ED66-C34C-45DF-B5A8-3D730D57A7E1.png

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Do you guys ship stuff to Facebook buyers? They don't want to drive to pick it up. But I don't really want to drive to ship it either? Especially stuff that either heavy or not worth anything. I gotta figure out a shipping price, find packaging, ship it out, hope it does not arrive broke?

Fuck does not seem worth it at all for the low volume I sell. I am just getting ALOT of requests to ship stuff.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I've shipped stuff before. When I was going to my office, I preferred it for smaller items since UPS and FedEx pick up daily. I would just print my own shipping label and drop in in the mailroom. Didn't have to drive anywhere.

Now that I've been working from home, I charge a little extra to ship since it requires me to drive somewhere.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I ship stuff all the time, but it needs to be worth the hassle. More often than not I require the item to fit in a flat rate usps box. Otherwise, come get it. It also depends on who's asking.

I once got a refrigerator box from lowes, custom crated an entire Volvo 240 core support, and shipped it to Cali. The buyer was a very well known member of the Volvo community, sent me a prepaid label for shipping, and paid well over asking price for my trouble. I'd do it again too.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
This either belongs here or the “What made you say WTF Today?” Thread.

Guy posts this picture in a local FS group.
1C664211-7A9E-408E-AFEA-6ABF4A3ABEC9.png

OK, fair enough. Guy just wants his ad to be seen with a picture/ needs a picture to make a FS ad... but the description kinda makes me chuckle/ponder...

AFED1BDF-E36B-4EE5-BC69-96507A4733BB.png

Like WTF can’t you say on messenger? Curiosity gets the best of me... click on dudes marketplace profile.

F9797E27-1B3D-40BD-A68F-27E0F1F6EF22.png

Interesting... nail polish? Weird. Let’s click that one.

8A8EF109-FA1F-45CD-B1E5-0C72F31FC92B.png

ADFE4B11-BF59-4FF0-9316-8EBDC72922AA.png

WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH FUCKING NAIL POLISH?? And why is there a blanket over your window?

Intrigued, I venture into the “room for rent” post.
C707BF21-AF02-46E5-AC81-6168CE090EF8.png

$600/mo, fully furnished... includes cable, all utilities and... free food? Odd. Let’s look at some of the pictures, shall we?

1A660B4A-0488-45D6-8247-BDE2B16040BA.png

Older furnishings... looks tidy enough. Wait, why is there a gigantic scooby doo on the table?

AND WHY ARE THERE SO MANY REFRIGERATORS????

43C6E7D3-9E88-4996-A065-117FF9F9F6A8.png

Facebook Marketplace always coming through with the weird shit. But forreal, why do you need three refrigerators in your kitchen?

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This either belongs here or the “What made you say WTF Today?” Thread.

Guy posts this picture in a local FS group.
View attachment 79947

OK, fair enough. Guy just wants his ad to be seen with a picture/ needs a picture to make a FS ad... but the description kinda makes me chuckle/ponder...

View attachment 79948

Like WTF can’t you say on messenger? Curiosity gets the best of me... click on dudes marketplace profile.

View attachment 79949

Interesting... nail polish? Weird. Let’s click that one.

View attachment 79950

View attachment 79951

WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH FUCKING NAIL POLISH?? And why is there a blanket over your window?

Intrigued, I venture into the “room for rent” post.View attachment 79952

$600/mo, fully furnished... includes cable, all utilities and... free food? Odd. Let’s look at some of the pictures, shall we?

View attachment 79953

Older furnishings... looks tidy enough. Wait, why is there a gigantic scooby doo on the table?

AND WHY ARE THERE SO MANY REFRIGERATORS????

View attachment 79954

Facebook Marketplace always coming through with the weird shit. But forreal, why do you need three refrigerators in your kitchen?

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
How many refrigerators/freezers did Dahmer have?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Saw a guy in selling a smaller (20-22ft) older Jayco camper yesterday. $1000. FUCK it actually looks nice but had a really poor description. I saw it 15 min after it was posted and messaged the guy. Asked if it had any issues and was road worthy. Left my phone number and told him I was located about half hour away. WTF am I gonna do with a camper in the winter but if this was as nice as it looked in the pictures it probably is worth 3-4K in the spring. Maybe more in this market. Didn't look at all like the typical scam either someone asking $1200 for the 2010 camper with the one picture of it next to palm trees. Just a winter get this shit off my driveway today price.

About 45 min later the ad was marked as sold. Guy didn't message me or read my message. Either he got 100 messages and said fuck I posted this to cheap or someone actually bought a camper during a snowstorm in less than an hour. Going to follow him on messenger and see if it pops up again.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
$20 ice scratchers

Had these posted for a few weeks now messages every few days and yet I still have them for some reason. So many questions about them.

Will you ship?
What are they from?
How do they work?
How do you install them?
Will they work with my sled?

Fuck man these are some scratchers I got in a FREE pile at Haydays that I'm trying to make a buck on. I don't know what the fuck they are from. They look OEM from some mountain sled. I priced them $20 because of the unknowns.

Last night and guy from Michigan wanted me to meet him because I wouldn't ship them. God dammit :rofl:

Screenshot_20210129-064835_Messenger.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: LikeABauce302

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Nope. Time is money. local pickup only I am not a damn retail store. If not shipping means I won't sell it I will save it for swap meets and make more money.

Flat rate box to fit $20 scratchers. $15, plus packing materials. Do they charge taxes on that? What do I charge the guy to make it worth my time? Another $20? fuck it

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nope. Time is money. local pickup only I am not a damn retail store. If not shipping means I won't sell it I will save it for swap meets and make more money.

Flat rate box to fit $20 scratchers. $15, plus packing materials. Do they charge taxes on that? What do I charge the guy to make it worth my time? Another $20? fuck it

:bowFUCKINGrofl: "tIMe Is MoNey"

yet you'll dick around this much for maaaaaaaybe $20 for something you got for free.

that's the mindfuck of all of it.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Tell him $50 shipped. You’ve probably wasted more than $20 worth of time complaining about this :rofl:
That's exactly how I price my stuff. I'd say 95% of my items get shipped all the fuck over. The prices I list include shipping CONUS, and it's advertised as such. If somebody wants to come get it, I'm willing to drop the price. However, 9 times out of 10 the mouth breathers don't show up anyway. I've wasted a hell of a lot more time sitting around the house waiting for some dipshits to ghost me than I have by running to the post office and making custom packages. I parted out my first Volvo by shipping it all over country including Alaska. Almost all the parts worth holding onto were gone within a year.

Thread Info