đź’¦ Detailing Self Wash Locations

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
Anyone know of any decent self wash location? Not sure if I am describing this correctly, but just put in the quarters with the pressure washer? I'm in Winfield and there is Micky's on main street in Wheaton by the ACE but the lot is all jacked up and I always end up scrapping my exhaust/headers pulling into the bay so looking for nearby alternatives.

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
how dirty is the vehicle ?
Why not opt for rinseless washing ?
It's not that dirty, honestly I don't know anything about rinseless washing and I don't have the equipment. Unless you are suggesting taking it someplace. Basically I want to give it a quick wash prior to putting it away for the winter. I washed it well and did a quick detailer with Griots Best in show detailer a few weeks ago, but drove it a few times in dry weather since then and would like to get the residual road grime and what not off before putting the cover on it and sitting for the winter.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

Videos were posted above. 'Rinseless' washing uses a 'wash' that does not create suds like typical soap.
Therefore, you technically do not need a hose to wash a vehicle.
NOTE - I would not use it on a severely dirty vehicle.

This helps for winter washing, areas where water usage is limited or people who live in an apt. or condo and do not have access to a hose.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
So I ordered the Optimum No Rinse, I'll give it a shot this weekend. It's gonna be colder out which was part of my issue, but hopefully I can manage this in my small 1 car garage.

In winter, I run my car through the local coin ops and just get the salt off my car, pull into the garage and use a rinseless wash to get it clean. ONR is good. I prefer the Wolkgang rinseless wash, but it's personal preference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info