• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

School me on Wideband options

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Looking around, haven't found a lot. What i do know.

I am looking at the LC-2 kit from Innovate, I need a 0-5v linear output so I can feed it into the AC Pressure input on my LT1 PCM. This will let me insert Wideband O2 info directly into the OBD1 stream. I need a custom bit setting to play it back, but the info will the there, time stamped accurate with the MAP, MAF, and other bit streams.

I also want a gauge for displaying in the car. But I guess that isn't really necessary if I'm logging it with the PCM since anytime I'm doing tuning, I'll be looking at the data streams.

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16236

Any reason not to buy this because something else is better?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The gauge is less important to me as making sure the output can be made to work with one of the LT1 PCM inputs. So far, some have used the Low Coolant level sensor, others the AC Pressure input. Both are 5v inputs. And just require a custom bit definition in TTS Datamaster to display the right data in the log.

Its looking like the AEM will work fine for me. Just going to do some more reading to see if a anyone has run into problems using the AEM's with LT1 pcm inputs.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009AP975A/?tag=tcg21-20

811y7lrc1%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I have installed and used AEM EUGO widebands, Innovate LC-1, LM-1, etc. I have had great success with all of them. The AEM was more plug and play of an install, but I can do more with the Innovate stuff. It has been about 8 years since I installed the AEM UEGO so I don't recall the configurability of the analog outputs, but I know that the Innovate will surely do everything that you want it to do.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I have installed and used AEM EUGO widebands, Innovate LC-1, LM-1, etc. I have had great success with all of them. The AEM was more plug and play of an install, but I can do more with the Innovate stuff. It has been about 8 years since I installed the AEM UEGO so I don't recall the configurability of the analog outputs, but I know that the Innovate will surely do everything that you want it to do.

The reason the innovate was in mind is because in all the searching the LC-1 and LC-2 were consistently the ones people were using to add WBO2 streams to OBD1 PCMs. There is zero information on the AEMs, thats not to say they won't work, I just couldn't find a thread where someone actually tried to use one on a LT1 PCM.

Attempting to tune the car Narrowband is ridiculously frustrating. I've had to make changes so minute to stay safe and I'm never positive how accurate the long term BLM readings are to begin with.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Just FYI if you get a used non AEM/non Innovative controller be sure they don't take an NTK L1H1 sensor. They're out there but expensive.

I had an LC1 as well as a 14point7.com kit. The nice thing about either is they would let you specify your ranges. I bet the AEM does too though. With the LC1 you could even specify what you wanted for each output (say you needed NB for your ECU for instance it would emulate it.)

I've heard of grounding issues on the LC1 but I never had them myself. I may have been paranoid and overkilled mine a bit because of what I heard which is why it wasn't a problem. Then again some people like to use 3M Scotch Blocks on sensor connections so that's definitely possible too.

Sigma Lambda Controller OEM | 14Point7

This will probably be my next WB, just because I'll integrate it into my Megasquirt setup. The size is of huge benefit to me.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I slogged through dozens of threads on the LC-2 and AEM WBs last night and this morning. Ended up reading them.

The AEM can output 0v = 10.0, and 5v = 20.0 AFR on the analog output. Which is what I need for the PCM, the gauge is the controller so I don't have to wire that up separate, its cheaper. And it doesn't need the free air calibration that the LC-2 needs. I read dozens of threads that talk about the LC-1 losing its free air calibration, though none were about the LC-2. Just don't want to have to deal with getting under the car to disconnect the WB, pull it, calibrate it. Then plug it all back in again.

So I went with the AEM.

Once this is in, and I get the hopefully false knock sorted out (I'm pretty sure I over-torqued the Knock Sensor, as i don't remember using a Torque Wrench at all *oops*).

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Innovate will do everything you need and I stand by the brand almost exclusively. My LC1 is now six years old and still kicking, dead accurate and working like a charm. (That's about 60k miles of boost, nitrous, burnt oil, coolant and worse.)

I had terrible luck with AEM back in the day, as did local friends I did installs for, as did a bunch of the Supra guys, etc. Never, ever have looked back since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info