Saturday is Midwest Street Fest

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
1st place winner of the Street Car Class will receive $1750 followed by $500 for second and $250 for third! $50 to register($70 day of) and clocks will be OFF. Who here on TCG is going to be running at this event besides myself? I'm sure we got some fast street cars running around here that can take some of that pot right?

Sharkey

Reaction score
Where are all the grudge racers at that demanded clocks off? Well we made that happen. Increased the purse.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Howd everything go? Sorry I couldnt make it but family duty called.

Shibby50

Reaction score
I think it was a cool event. Not sure how, but I think they need to come up with some other sort of rule to keep some cars out.. Maybe a shorter cooldown time, or max points in a cage? I know it's a ridiculously hard thing to do, but it was 3 straight up race cars in the top 3.

CGD

Reaction score
I think it was a cool event. Not sure how, but I think they need to come up with some other sort of rule to keep some cars out.. Maybe a shorter cooldown time, or max points in a cage? I know it's a ridiculously hard thing to do, but it was 3 straight up race cars in the top 3.
Didn't go, Who/What were the top 3?

Shibby50

Reaction score

Only pic I could find. The blue car. Jerry's red third gen firebird and another silver car. Big and small blocks on spray. Full cages chutes etc.

Shibby50

Reaction score
If I'm wrong in assuming it's supposed to more of a street "daily/ weekend cruiser" event instead of these kinds of cars then sorry I just had the wrong idea.

CGD

Reaction score
If I'm wrong in assuming it's supposed to more of a street "daily/ weekend cruiser" event instead of these kinds of cars then sorry I just had the wrong idea.
Street car is a delicate term.

Shibby50

Reaction score
Exactly, it all comes down to what they want the event to be. And it's hard to get it right with certain restrictions, either way it was a fun event.

Sharkey

Reaction score
We will have some photos up soon! Thank you to the guy that came out!

CGD

Reaction score
Wish I would have paid more attention, I would have liked to have gone to this event, sounded like a good time.

lastls1

Reaction score
Would like to throw out an idea. I wouldnt mind coming out next year if you guys do this again and racing however I was pretty hesitant due to the rules in the street car class.

My suggestion would be to limit the power adders in street class? I believe I saw it was unlimited adders I.E. I could be Turbo and also have nitrous on top of that.
So limit it to 1 or the other. You can have nitrous or you can have another type of power adder.... turbo, supercharger, etc.

Just my 2 cents. Full cages with chutes are not street cars in my opinion. I am not hating at all on the cars as they are awesome. But in my current state id never line up against one.

OP
willizm

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
We are considering other classes for next year to open the event up to more people. For now though, we haven't met to talk through any options as we just wrapped up this event and want to cool our heels. We didn't want to restrict chutes and cages as they are safety features and even then in the competition there were gtr's with no chutes/cages running a single power adder that were just as competitive. Cars like Sharkey's with a chute and mine with a cage are street driven more often than taken to the track. Chutes are detachable after all. We had a nice diverse group of people at the event. We want to continue to encourage that diversity but we do see that adding an additional class would open up to a whole other group of people that want to compete.

lastls1

Reaction score
We are considering other classes for next year to open the event up to more people. For now though, we haven't met to talk through any options as we just wrapped up this event and want to cool our heels. We didn't want to restrict chutes and cages as they are safety features and even then in the competition there were gtr's with no chutes/cages running a single power adder that were just as competitive. Cars like Sharkey's with a chute and mine with a cage are street driven more often than taken to the track. Chutes are detachable after all. We had a nice diverse group of people at the event. We want to continue to encourage that diversity but we do see that adding an additional class would open up to a whole other group of people that want to compete.
I agree I'm not hating or upset whatsoever. I was just making a suggestion... maybe that would be in a brand new class you all were already considering. I just know it would suck for me lining heads up with a big block nitrous car with a chute that I know unless they spin half track is going to wax my ass lol

I am Def in for upcoming updates for the next event!

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
It's a tough issue but when Jr's first started that was an awesome class. Unfortunately that class has become insane. I wish I had an idea but it would be awesome to have a class where any body can compete. Something in the 10-11 sec range but how would you be able to accommodate that? The only way is a bracket classes I guess. I would love to see an N/A class though. A lot of LS and Coyote cars would make that pretty fun.

VanillaGorilla

Mr. Mopar
Reaction score
It's a tough issue but when Jr's first started that was an awesome class. Unfortunately that class has become insane. I wish I had an idea but it would be awesome to have a class where any body can compete. Something in the 10-11 sec range but how would you be able to accommodate that? The only way is a bracket classes I guess. I would love to see an N/A class though. A lot of LS and Coyote cars would make that pretty fun.
Add one small block small cube Mopar to the NA list if there's an NA class next year!

I was there with Jerry, I think it was a very cool event and an excellent group of cars!

OP
willizm

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Yep I agree. If you hadn't seen there was a newer 5.0 guy running with some bolt ons that was getting out really good. I'd like to see a class for that but if you restrict things down like single power adder, no cage, no chute, full exhaust that could cater to those guys you'd still have the potential of a low 9 second gtr that fits the bill and completely whomps the competition. It's going to take some thought on the rules to get it fleshed out to be competitive for those guys without turning into bracket racing.

Add one small block small cube Mopar to the NA list if there's an NA class next year!

I was there with Jerry, I think it was a very cool event and an excellent group of cars!
We shall see about that class. Thanks for coming out. It was a great event for us. The competition got pretty close the last few rounds.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this but... Cars are just getting way too fast these days. Almost takes some of the fun out of the track imo. And my opinion isn't worth much since I rarely go to the track. But for me, I enjoy watching 9,10 & 11 sec cars battle it out rather than something faster. I dunno. Maybe I'm the odd man put on that :rofl:

lastls1

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this but... Cars are just getting way too fast these days. Almost takes some of the fun out of the track imo. And my opinion isn't worth much since I rarely go to the track. But for me, I enjoy watching 9,10 & 11 sec cars battle it out rather than something faster. I dunno. Maybe I'm the odd man put on that :rofl:
X2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom