3800 Satellite radio...xm vs. sirius

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Dole,

I have XM radio. Got it installed not too long after I first purchased my GTP.

Ever since XM has gone commercial free, I dont think I have ever brought CD's into my car or turned to the FM dial for that matter.

I went with XM because it was cheaper ($9.95 compared to $12.95). I also liked the Traffic/Weather channels for the major cities, and of course the commercial free music :)

I guess deciding between the two would be based off of preference.

1) What kind of music do you like to listen to, and which satellite provider gives you the broadest range of music that you like?

2) What kind of sports do you like to listen to? Sirius owns the rights to the NHL, and NFL. While XM just signed a deal to have MLB broadcasts starting in 2005.

Thanks,

Joel

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
I have the XM Commander installed in my car, and to be honest I never listen to the radio, nor do I ever listen to any CD's either. There are just to many good stations and being commercial free you just have to many choices. I choose XM because of the deal I was able to get on the equipment and more people I knew had it. I think the only bonus with Sirius is that you can log into their website and listen to their satellite stations at work, home, etc. (streaming of course) for three extra bucks a month it wasnt worth it to me.

XM vs Sirius is like 12 to one and a dozen to another....either way I'm sure you will be happy

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
The commander is just added to your stock stereo.
It is FM modualted :D

This should help you out...

XM Commander

commander_pieces.jpg

Rich

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info