Santa Maria Style Attachments for 22" Weber Kettle

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have been researching ways to get a Santa Maria style grill. The big ones sell for insane multi thousand dollar prices. I found three companies that sell attachments to convert a 22" Weber Kettle into a Santa Maria grill.

1. Only Fire Santa Maria & rotisserie kit. From the reviews, it looks like Chinese junk. $160.

2. Gabby's Grills. This guy welds them up himself. He charges a boatload for them. $359 with rotisserie.

3. Titan Great Outdoors. Better than #1. Cheaper than #2. Backordered. $99 shipped. I think this item is way underpriced and is going to go up in price. I placed an order for when they get back in stock.

899810_02.jpg

With the Santa Maria accessory, I can put wood or charcoal in the kettle and raise or lower the height of the grate for ideal cooking conditions. This one doesn't come with a rotisserie but I think it wouldn't be hard to pick up a universal rotisserie kit and add it on. The Santa Maria kit lets me cook like I would over an open fire with real wood pit flavor. And it will let me use the entire grate instead of half the grate with direct/indirect Weber cooking. I want less heat, I crank the wheel up. More heat, crank it down.

Added bonus! The attachment will fit the Weber Smokey Mountain.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Maria style is slow cooking over red oak using salt, pepper and granulated garlic or garlic salt. It started over a hundred years ago when neighbors would gather to help brand cattle and would be rewarded with an all day cooked BBQ that was prepared over a Santa Monica style pit with the meat on giant skewers. Each piece of meat would be cooked for an hour or more. The Santa Maria grills have exploded in popularity lately out west. The big ones are really expensive and have separate areas for burning the logs which are shoveled into the cook area after they turn to charcoal. I'll do some pics when I get the grill attachment, some tri tip and some red oak or other quality logs (pecan?).

Top sirloin or tri tip are the meats of choice.

Way too long video for anyone to watch:

Shorter video with black & white pics:

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Titan Great Outdoors has changed the shipping date for this grill attachment 5 times now. It was supposed to ship a week ago and then went through several date changes and ended up at 8/20. A tech promised me the grill attachment would definitely be shipped 8/20. I looked at the site today and now it says 8/23. I sent them yet another email asking for an explanation. They keep sending me ads for other products every day or two. This is starting to look like a bait and switch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list