S&A security | Alarm system help

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Has anyone used these guys for auto security alarm systems? Looking at IGLA products...
I don’t have experience with them but a friend of mine takes all his cars there and just had his TRX done with an IGLA system. I asked about it since I’m most likely getting a Durango in the future and he said the guy is pretty decent, knows his shit and talks you through what you need to know and he says he’ll answer any questions you have or will walk you through stuff over the phone if you get hung up and the system isn’t responding.

Plus it’s the only place around that does IGLA products.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just my .02 as I may have stolen a few cars back in the day and I might know guys still doing it. You’re perfectly fine with a Compustar and a Drone if you feel you need an aftermarket alarm. Neither what I mentioned or the IGLA will stop a tow truck. If your not parking a Hellcat or similar on the street in Chgo then imo your fine. I parked my HC and TH in the city often with nothing more than the factory alarm and never had an issue.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Just my .02 as I may have stolen a few cars back in the day and I might know guys still doing it. You’re perfectly fine with a Compustar and a Drone if you feel you need an aftermarket alarm. Neither what I mentioned or the IGLA will stop a tow truck. If your not parking a Hellcat or similar on the street in Chgo then imo your fine. I parked my HC and TH in the city often with nothing more than the factory alarm and never had an issue.
As a former tow truck driver that did the occasional repo I can confirm that nothing stops a tow truck or a recovery driver that’s going to get a big chunk of cash for repoing a car.
Considering some cars can be stolen in 3 minutes or less with a key fob reprogram the IGLA system eliminates the ability to do that. Putting a tracker on your car only gives you the ability to tell the cops where your car is and then you rely on them to get off their asses to recover your car.

Make it legal to hang car thieves like they did horse thieves and car theft/car jacking will end overnight. Instead we have to worry about going to jail for defending ourselves while being car jacked at gunpoint.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
As a former tow truck driver that did the occasional repo I can confirm that nothing stops a tow truck or a recovery driver that’s going to get a big chunk of cash for repoing a car.
Considering some cars can be stolen in 3 minutes or less with a key fob reprogram the IGLA system eliminates the ability to do that. Putting a tracker on your car only gives you the ability to tell the cops where your car is and then you rely on them to get off their asses to recover your car.

Make it legal to hang car thieves like they did horse thieves and car theft/car jacking will end overnight. Instead we have to worry about going to jail for defending ourselves while being car jacked at gunpoint.
Tow truck drivers I’m speaking of arent doing repos lol.

They aren’t going out to the burbs to steal Hellcats/TH’s, especially out of a garage. Has it happened, probably but it’s very rare. Tow truck drivers I know dont even like stealing from the burbs. They will and have but prefer not to.

Fuck telling the police where your shit is, the tracker is for you to go handle your business.

Again, if someone wants your shit bad enough. They will get it no matter what alarm you have.

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
I dont even put locks on my rims, they want them they will get them
True but my lock of choice...

Screenshot_20231125_102827_Google.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info