RWD conversion

Mattstrike

Random Crazy Custom Car guy
Feb 13, 2014
Isn't the transfer case on the SS massive? I'd have to cut out a seat to fit it. But otherwise I'm not going to try a live axle or lifting the car.

Found a bellhousing bolt pattern for the STi trans, haven't found one for the Evo8, so I'm going to play around in CAD for a bit on this one. I've got a model for the 3800, H-body subframe, and working on getting details for the STi trans. Then have to find some time to get measurements from the body/firewall again as what I came up with when I designed the headers I made wasn't quite right..

Will it put the engine ahead of the front axle? Yeah but how much difference is it really than it already is? It's already ahead of the front axles. I've also noticed that the axles have about a 3-5 degree angle ahead of the wheel bearings as it is, so there is some room to shift the STi trans a little further back.

As far as having more patience than anybody else, I don't think that's it. I just enjoy designing parts, more so when I can make racecar shit with them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info