• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

rust??

john99gtp

Reaction score
i sandblasted the 2 bars under my hood that link the front to the strut towers. And i like how they look the brushed silver look. i know they will rust fast have no finish on them i was wondering if i clear coat them will they still rust? thanks
John

gtpkid2004

Reaction score
Go and buy some spray primer and give them a couple of coats....it should protect it......if you want something better i have some sealer,primer i can shoot on there for yea......hope this helps

Tom

gtpkid2004

Reaction score
Oh......wasn't payying attention....OK....well, i then could clear it for yea...i am preatty sure i have some left from another job i did.....it shouldn't rust at all with a proper finish of clear on it...though the spray can clear shouldn't be used....

Tom

gtpkid2004

Reaction score
No...you shouldn't....plus is will go dull in very sort time....from experiance, that stuff sucked and rust formed.....not worth the time and effort..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom