• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Running megasquirt

curado

Reaction score
Wideband and MS set me back about 350 bucks. It's recycled from my last car so it's kinda like buy 1 get 1 :)

curado

Reaction score
LOL @ the sig..

Megasquirt is a home made ecu developed by a couple of guys for the general public domain. Controls fuel, spark, boost, methanol and an array of other stuff people have made for it. It supports realtime fuel and spark table adjustments. It comes either fully assembled (expensive) or as a box of parts (you solder it together yourself). Doesn't require a MAF to function, only a map sensor and/or TPS.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Its just a poor man's stand alone ECU. Do you have to go in for emissions testing where you live at? If you do, you are kinda fucked since the OBDII isnt there anymore...

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i read a lot of dudes run this when they do swaps for anything...

curado

Reaction score
No emissions testing in KC. But I left the OBD alone. I can plug in my stock injectors and pass an emissions test if need be.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Smart move. I think I ran across this on the Neon forums once...

curado

Reaction score
Spark advance is still being controlled by the original pcm. As long as the maf is hooked up, it will pull spark if you have the traction control on.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
ah so your just giving the OE pcm all the data to control spark timing and the trans but megasqurt is running the engine....nice

curado

Reaction score
Well the requirements change if I want it to do spark. It also needs to detect knock reliably or it's not safe.

I'm not sure if the MS has any traction related inputs at all, so I would probably lose the traction control feature entirely.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
I just got the megasquirts from Doritos and louisiana hot sauce....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom