đź“° Auto News Rumormill: Pending F1 diffuser decision will favor Brawn, Williams, Toyota

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Formula 1 so far this year has probably provided a lot more excitement than anyone expected, and in a change from the usual, this time a lot of it is good. The two races so far have seen a heap of on-track passing – and not just of backmarkers – as well as an inversion of the standings: McLaren and Ferrari near at the bottom, Brawn (née Honda) and Toyota are at the top.

Much of that has been credited to the diffusers that the Brawn (above) and Toyota teams are using, which, along with the Williams diffuser, have been challenged as illegal by the other teams. Today, the FIA Court of Appeal will hear arguments for and against the diffuser design and a decision is due Wednesday. It is being reported already by The Daily Mail, however, that the court of appeal will declare the diffusers legal, not wanting to contradict the FIA stewards in Australia and Malaysia, as well as the FIA race director Charlie Whiting.

Ross Brawn has been called out specifically by both Bernie Ecclestone and Renault's Flavio Briatore because he is the technical representative for the Formula One Teams Alliance. Both accused him in a roundabout way of using the rules to his advantage from his privileged position and leaving the others in the dust. In reply, Brawn said "I did explain that I felt we should have a different set of rules to simplify what needed to be done. I offered them, and they were rejected. We needed to clean the rules up, but nobody was interested. They're interested now."

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Brawn said "I did explain that I felt we should have a different set of rules to simplify what needed to be done. I offered them, and they were rejected. We needed to clean the rules up, but nobody was interested. They're interested now."

that right there makes this whole thing :bowrofl:

Brawn DID bring this up to the FIA over a year ago, and his proposed rule changes wouldve prevented him from doing exactly what he did. But they told him to f off he was like, alright. you had your chance, fuck you guys, i'll show you all! And so he is, and now everyones whining about it. they had their chance

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
A major source of contention in this whirlwind of a Formula One season has been a new diffuser design used by Brawn, Toyota and Williams. The appeal against them was just rejected by the FIA.

The FIA has rejected the appeals brought against the teams using the new diffusers by Ferrari, Red Bull Racing, Renault, McLaren and BMW. The decision is a major boost for Brawn GP, which leads the championship after Jenson Button’s back to back wins in Australia and Malaysia.

“The FIA technical department, the stewards at the Australian and Malaysian Grands Prix and now five judges at the ICA [motorsport governing body FIA’s International Court of Appeal] have confirmed our belief that our cars have always strictly complied with the 2009 technical regulations,” Ross Brawn, the clear benefactor of the decison said. “The decision of the ICA brings this matter to its conclusion and we look forward to continuing on the track the challenge of what has been a very exciting start to the world championship.”

and there u have it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mook
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list