Rumormill: Chrysler to sell Jeep to International?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ever since Cerberus bought a controlling interest in Chrysler, many have openly speculated that the private equity fund would ultimately split up the company and sell it off. Those rumors have intensified in the last six months as the troubles of Chrysler and the rest of the industry have grown. Of the three brands in the stable, Jeep is generally considered to be the only one that has any significant value to potential buyers. Interestingly, the same thing was true in 1987 when Chrysler bought American Motors Corporation just to get the Jeep brand.

A report has just popped up on the website for JP Magazine that the International Trucks unit of Navistar has purchased Jeep. We've contacted Chrysler for a comment on the story and spokesman Ed Garsten told us he hasn't "...heard a thing on this." The story may turn out to be untrue – in fact, we suspect it may be an unfortunately-timed April Fool's joke that's been published online commensurate with that publication's newsstand schedule. Despite all that, International would perhaps be a fitting owner for Jeep. Back in the '60s and '70s, the International Scout was perhaps the closest competitor to the CJ and old Scouts are still popular among off-roaders. As for the fate of Jeep and the rest of Chrysler, we'll have to keep waiting.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
they have like 8 fucking SUV's now i cant keep track.

i sat in an SRT-8 Cherokee...inside was baller and it was rated at 11/14 :rofl:

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
dude u cant be serious about the srt8 interior :ugh:

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
phew

its a fucking beast tho

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
oh i'm sure it is but its really surprising an suv like that exists these days.

:rofl: the sign for it had a bunch of hand written cash back things that brought it down to $41K....thats $9K off sticker price!

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
I dont see Chrlsler selling Jeep off. It makes them a good bit of money and they dont have anything from dodge or chrysler to fill it in really. Unless Cerberus is doing it.

But on a side note i'd love to see some Powerstroke motors in a Jeep someday. LOL

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
just talked to my buddy at International...he said the rumor has been around for a few weeks now but hes heard nothing on his end yet

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
or someone who oversees their camshaft design

OP
Mook

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
for the v6s at least. i forget what else.

Aircal

Reaction score
Chrysler dosn't own Chrysler anymore, they are owned by a holding company. Makes sense to sell off your popular brand name. Then declare bankruptcy and close down.

Jizzums

sweetest bitch
Reaction score
just talked to my buddy at International...he said the rumor has been around for a few weeks now but hes heard nothing on his end yet
I think the rumor has been going on for awhile. I think I remember my brother saying something to be about it, like more than a few weeks ago. (He's back at international now)

But either way, win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom