3800 Rotor question...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
98' - 02' F bodies have light duty dual piston calipers. They're not great but their leaps and bounds better than what's on the car to begin with.

Rotor size is 11.9 inches and since the holes are drilled larger than needed camaro rotors generally fit W Bodies.

To perform the upgrade you need to replace the caliper, caliper bracket, banjo bolts, pads, and rotors. You also need to come up with a provision to attach the F body caliper (12mm bolt) to the W body (14mm passthrough) so that the caliper isn't loose on the knuckle. To accomplish this you can either drill and tap the caliper bracket to 14mm or sleeve the W body knuckle to accept the smaller bolt.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
98' - 02' F bodies have light duty dual piston calipers. They're not great but their leaps and bounds better than what's on the car to begin with.

Rotor size is 11.9 inches and since the holes are drilled larger than needed camaro rotors generally fit W Bodies.

To perform the upgrade you need to replace the caliper, caliper bracket, banjo bolts, pads, and rotors. You also need to come up with a provision to attach the F body caliper (12mm bolt) to the W body (14mm passthrough) so that the caliper isn't loose on the knuckle. To accomplish this you can either drill and tap the caliper bracket to 14mm or sleeve the W body knuckle to accept the smaller bolt.
[/b]

Thanks Mike.. I wanted to know because All I want to get are the new calipers and I want to get my own brakes.. I want to go with Brembos.. Im guessing they will fit.. I take it I just have to get them in Camaro size abd then find 12' rotors...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info