• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Rotor question...

Xtant12

Reaction score
Does the 12' rotors come on the Camaros/TA's stock.. is that what you would need for the brake up grd???

Toasty

Reaction score
Does the 12' rotors come on the Camaros/TA's stock.. is that what you would need for the brake up grd???
[/b]

yeh should be stock, if not on all models, the z28's

itlnrob

Reaction score
I'm almost positive that the ls1 Brake rotors are 11 inches.

To do the upgrade you will need ls1 calipers, rotors, and you may even need to extend the brake line.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Not sure about the rotors, but all 98+ Fbodies came with dual PBR calipers. Thats the big upgrade IIRC. You can get 11.9 inch rotors to fit stock GP calipers.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
98' - 02' F bodies have light duty dual piston calipers. They're not great but their leaps and bounds better than what's on the car to begin with.

Rotor size is 11.9 inches and since the holes are drilled larger than needed camaro rotors generally fit W Bodies.

To perform the upgrade you need to replace the caliper, caliper bracket, banjo bolts, pads, and rotors. You also need to come up with a provision to attach the F body caliper (12mm bolt) to the W body (14mm passthrough) so that the caliper isn't loose on the knuckle. To accomplish this you can either drill and tap the caliper bracket to 14mm or sleeve the W body knuckle to accept the smaller bolt.

Royalgtp

Reaction score
Yes, 11.9 BBRs.....that same as the Baer kit without the logos

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
BBRs? Did you mean PBRS John? And no, definetly not the same as the Baer kit. The Baer kit uses the HD C4 calipers.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
It's not a typo. He needed a brake upgrade for Big Foot.

Xtant12

Reaction score
98' - 02' F bodies have light duty dual piston calipers. They're not great but their leaps and bounds better than what's on the car to begin with.

Rotor size is 11.9 inches and since the holes are drilled larger than needed camaro rotors generally fit W Bodies.

To perform the upgrade you need to replace the caliper, caliper bracket, banjo bolts, pads, and rotors. You also need to come up with a provision to attach the F body caliper (12mm bolt) to the W body (14mm passthrough) so that the caliper isn't loose on the knuckle. To accomplish this you can either drill and tap the caliper bracket to 14mm or sleeve the W body knuckle to accept the smaller bolt.
[/b]

Thanks Mike.. I wanted to know because All I want to get are the new calipers and I want to get my own brakes.. I want to go with Brembos.. Im guessing they will fit.. I take it I just have to get them in Camaro size abd then find 12' rotors...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom