🏡 Better Homes Roofers/Siding Company - Gurnee

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
not sure if they service your area, but I contracted these guys for a hail/wind damage insurance job. They were honest and crew did good work. I had new vinyl siding, full tear off 30 year roof with new gutters, downspouts done a few years ago and have had no issues.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
not sure if they service your area, but I contracted these guys for a hail/wind damage insurance job. They were honest and crew did good work. I had new vinyl siding, full tear off 30 year roof with new gutters, downspouts done a few years ago and have had no issues.

Awesome man.

Mind if I ask a ballpark of what you paid?

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Awesome man.

Mind if I ask a ballpark of what you paid?

Luckily for me it was an insurance claim, so I was out of pocket on the detuctable and a few deck sheets. Still a heck of a deal, and they seemed to know the adjusters in the area. I think it was $30k for everything, this was back in 2017. I don't have a big house, roof is maybe 1000 sqft.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Luckily for me it was an insurance claim, so I was out of pocket on the detuctable and a few deck sheets. Still a heck of a deal, and they seemed to know the adjusters in the area. I think it was $30k for everything, this was back in 2017. I don't have a big house, roof is maybe 1000 sqft.

That sucks. Glad it was fixed.

Our house is about 4500-5k and a roofer quoted us 20K for siding. We also need a new roof, chimney repair and skylight replacement. Guessing over 50K which is just nuts.

Thanks for the info man.

Reactions: radioguy6

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
That sucks. Glad it was fixed.

Our house is about 4500-5k and a roofer quoted us 20K for siding. We also need a new roof, chimney repair and skylight replacement. Guessing over 50K which is just nuts.

Thanks for the info man.

Yeah none of this is cheap out of pocket. Insurance is a blessing. Definitely get several quotes, and it doesn't hurt to check into previous storm damage recorded for your area that insurance may cover.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Grabber
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list