• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Roll Cage Welders

Lights Out Chitown

Reaction score
Looking to get my roll cage welded in, may need slight modifications before welding! Anyone know a good place? It's a 10 Point DOM

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
DOM is not a material. DOM is an acronym for drawn over mandrel, which is how the steel is made. If the cage is mild steel, it can be mig welded, if chromoly it must be TIG welded

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
I have a 4340 wolfe race craft pre-notched 10 pt cage and through the floor subframe connectors that I need to have installed this winter.

Subscribing to this thread.

Lights Out Chitown

Reaction score
How's the pricing? I'm not gonna cheap out on something this important, just want to get an idea ahead of time though. Also time isn't very important since the car will be down for many months...

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
I talked to Fast Forward Race Cars last spring and they said they won't install a pre-fabbed cage. They will only bend their own using 4340 chromoly.

They did give me a reasonable price quote for an 8.50 cage, but it was still quite a bit more than what a pre-fabbed cage will cost.

Lights Out Chitown

Reaction score
[MENTION=11202]LikeABauce302[/MENTION] I've been pointed towards straightline performance, haven't had a chance to call yet, but figured I'd let you know.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
I haven't made any phone calls yet either. I'm waiting on my cage to be made and shipped still. I'll hopefully have it before Christmas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom