Rod/Main bearing sizing

Since this is now a 3000GT/Stealth forum, I thought I would share some information that was posted over on 3SI. Spun bearings is a relatively common thing on 6G72s (mostly from dented oil pans, but still, always nice to find better solutions). This is something I had long wondered about on those cars but hadn't put in any serious research to try and find an answer. Basically, the rod/main bearings on those cars are significantly narrower than the rods/journals. A member over there has located some wider bearings that should work. Here is a pic of the new bearing in a rod cap so you can see how much wider this bearing is compared to the old bearing track.

12341185_10153818693888594_4600568104173851751_n.jpg

Point of the story is, I haven't paid much attention to our bottom ends, but I was wondering if the same situation may be present and whether or not something similar could be applied on our engines. Even if not, I thought it was an interesting idea. Here is a link to the thread. I will be following the results closely.

Finally a solution for our narrow rod bearings. - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Z
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list