Rocker panels question

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
Rockers

it would honestly cost more than the car is worth to have someone do that for you, probably a lot more

^^ That. I'm getting mine done as we speak. Along with rear strut towers. It's not cheap. Costs way more then the car is worth. But I'm a GP loving urban hillbilly. So if you love the car, do it.

I ordered pre-molded rockers from TABCO. They are out in OH.

tabco.jpg

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
^^ That. I'm getting mine done as we speak. Along with rear strut towers. It's not cheap. Costs way more then the car is worth. But I'm a GP loving urban hillbilly. So if you love the car, do it.

I ordered pre-molded rockers from TABCO. They are out in OH.

tabco.jpg
Also I love my car. It has not much rust at all besides rockers. I would like it to last to give to my son when he is 16. He will be 1 in March so we have a ways to go!!

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I just went through this on my truck, with guidance from my neighbor/body man who does this all the time.

If you see small holes, it's way worse. They rust from the inside out.
Try to find "slip over" panels. they fit over the bad parts (but still cut out all the rusty metal).
Use panel bond (2-part) adhesive. Way easier than welding.
Spray any other rust you see with "fluid film". It will slow it down from getting worse. It's undercoating that does dry and flake off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info