Rock River Arms LAR-15 thoughts?

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
There is a used RRA AR at Marengo guns that caught my eye, it has an upgraded rail and a cheap trueglow red dot on it but other than that it looks stock, might or might not have internal mods or trigger but would have to ask.

They are asking $900 for it which seems like quite a bit for a used one, so what I’m wondering is what do you guys think it’s worth and does anyone have experience with RRA stuff?

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
RRA does make decent stuff, but at $900 used for a pretty much stock one, i'd definitely look elsewhere. It is a shop though, so expect to pay quite a bit higher.

For that price, i'd talk to [MENTION=249]importcrew[/MENTION], he'll get you a new Aero Precision AR-15, which is a step up in quality over RRA, for under that. Have it shipped right to Marengo and just pay the $20 transfer fee.

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
RRA does make decent stuff, but at $900 used for a pretty much stock one, i'd definitely look elsewhere. It is a shop though, so expect to pay quite a bit higher.

For that price, i'd talk to [MENTION=249]importcrew[/MENTION], he'll get you a new Aero Precision AR-15, which is a step up in quality over RRA, for under that. Have it shipped right to Marengo and just pay the $20 transfer fee.
I figured that building one would be the cheaper/better route but I have never attempted it and don’t have the tools to accomplish it

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
I figured that building one would be the cheaper/better route but I have never attempted it and don’t have the tools to accomplish it
You don't need to build it with those 2 links i posted, both are complete upper and lowers, you need nothing.

You could save yourself a little more money if you wanted to build though.

blck10th

Reaction score

I have all the tools. Come on over. It’s like LEGO’s for adults

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
If he's in the wrong location I have the tools too, hit me up if you're near Joliet. Nothing like an AR party :D

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
As stated below, those are both complete Upper and lower. The only thing you'd do to "build" these are 2 pins that you can push out with your finger. Nothing to it. Just throw in a BCG and Charging handle, and you're golden. $900 is kind of high in my opinion for a used RRA AR.

You don't need to build it with those 2 links i posted, both are complete upper and lowers, you need nothing.

You could save yourself a little more money if you wanted to build though.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
900 is high. Marengo has deals on M&P Sports all the time. Also check budsguns, Grabagun.com,Palmetto Armory just for a few on comparison. I’d go see Jimmy he will hook you up.

IZZy