Road Race '03 Cobra for sale

This 2003 Cobra has been immaculately kept and maintained. I’m the second owner of this car and all of the modifications have been done while I have owned it. I’ve changed the oil every 3,000 miles with Mobil 1 synthetic oil. This car has been stored every winter and I’ve only been caught in the rain a few times while I’ve owned it. There are only 15,565 miles on the car, but I’ve maintained it so well, that it looks like it has only 1,000 miles on it. I would have to give the overall condition of the car 9.5 out of 10. I’m really disappointed that I’m forced to sell my car because of financial obligations. But I know this car will make the new owner extremely happy.

My goal was to build a very fast and capable road race vehicle, but at the same time, not lose out on the every day drivability. I have far surpassed what I was expecting from this car. It drives just as well, if not better, than a stock Cobra. But at the same time, this car turned out to be a road race monster. I usually run in a HPDE 3 group and have no trouble running down modified Vipers, Z06’s, Porsche 911’s, STI’s, EVO’s, etc. both in a straightaway and through the turns.

This car was dyno tuned at DID Performance in Crest Hill, IL. On my old Stage III supercharger, the car put down 514 rwhp and 515 rwtq. I have a new Stage IV supercharger, throttle-body, and intake plenum that only have about 500 miles on them. I could tell right away that the car is definitely making more power now. I have not had the car back on the dyno (just to see the new numbers). But Stiegemeier says that his Stage IV kits dyno between 525 to 550 rwhp.

As I’ve mentioned before, my goal was to create a serious road racer. But the rear end has been strengthened so much, this car can be taken to the drag strip with ease. It’s really unfortunate that I have to sell my car when I have finally gotten it to exactly how I want it. But my wife’s college tuition is taking a toll on our finances. I’m asking $27,000 with everything included in the mod list. Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for looking.

Craig

PERFORMANCE
Stiegemeier Stage IV ported supercharger, throttle-body, and intake plenum
Billetflow 2.76 upper pulley
Billetflow idler pulley
Metco 4# lower pulley kit
JLT cold air intake (painted torch red)
Predator tuner (two custom tunes included)
Diablosport MAFia
Kenne Bell boost a pump
60# fuel injectors
NGK TR6 spark plugs
BBK ceramic long tube headers
BBK off-road x pipe
Borla Stinger cat back
LFP intercooler
Ford Racing radiator fan
MGW orange shifter handle
Cobra Bob’s shifter gasket
GM Synchromesh transmission fluid

SUSPENSION AND BRAKES
Maximum Motorsports front and rear adjustable coil-overs (375 lbs front springs, 600 lbs rear)
MM caster/camber plates
MM aluminum steering rack bushings
MM full length subframe connectors (powdercoated black)
MM subframe bushings
MM front and rear differential bushings
MM 14mm IRS bolts
Billetflow IRS subframe support brackets
Billetflow IRS brace (painted torch red)
Midcontinent Mustangs brake duct cooling kit
Hawk HP+ brake pads
ATE Blue brake fluid
Freshly resurfaced rotors (with the new Hawk HP+ pads)

WHEELS AND TIRES
Stock wheels and tires front
AFS 10.5” wide rear wheels with 315/35-17 Nitto drag tires
Stock rear wheels included with purchase

INTERIOR
MGW satin interior trim pieces (door locks, turn signal, temp knobs, cig lighter, and E-brake)
MM 6-point roll bar setup powdercoated black (swing out and removable door bars, and bolt-in harness bar)
RJS 5 point racing harnesses with quick release cam lock
HJC racing helmet (yes I’m including that too)

dscf0001xt0.jpg

dscf0002hc3.jpg

dscf0003qk8.jpg

dscf0004yw8.jpg

dscf0005tw0.jpg

dscf0006bj9.jpg

dscf0007zk6.jpg

dscf0009jj1.jpg

dscf0010uv1.jpg

dscf0011xf4.jpg

dscf0012zr8.jpg

dscf0013ri9.jpg

dscf0014ia1.jpg

dscf0015la8.jpg

dscf0016ur3.jpg

dscf0017tb3.jpg

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Here is a consumer opinion and take it with a grain of salt.

Take off the numbers, snap some new pictures (killer looking as seen with some of the guys on this site) and remove the road race information.

The performance parts listed will inform a knowledged individual of the car's build purpose/performance level. If the average consumer asks, the car brakes and handles exceptionally well.

The race information is good if you are advertizing on a specific site or at the track; however, when selling to the general public (EBAY), it might hurt the sale of the vehicle.

I would also toy with the idea of cutting out the rollbar.

Dave

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004

Take off the numbers, snap some new pictures (killer looking as seen with some of the guys on this site) and remove the road race information.

The performance parts listed will inform a knowledged individual of the car's build purpose/performance level. If the average consumer asks, the car brakes and handles exceptionally well.

The race information is good if you are advertizing on a specific site or at the track; however, when selling to the general public (EBAY), it might hurt the sale of the vehicle.

Dave

Agreed 100%

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004

Dave

Agreed 200%, you could get what you want without the numbers or just leave it the way it is.

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
I can't believe my car hasn't sold yet. At $26k for a vert with the amount of mods, low mileage, and condition its in.....I'm at a loss for words.

If my car is not sold in the next week or so, I'm stripping it down to stock, sell all the aftermarket parts, and then sell it for $26k anyway.:dunno:

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
After listening to you guys here its obvious you are right. With all the race information I have and mods done to the car.....I think I've scared off everyone except the hardcore racing people. So the car will be up for sale until this Saturday, then its off the market and I'm going to return it to stock. Stay tuned for the WTB section as I'll be looking for stock parts and I'll obviously be selling all the current mods.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
After listening to you guys here its obvious you are right. With all the race information I have and mods done to the car.....I think I've scared off everyone except the hardcore racing people. So the car will be up for sale until this Saturday, then its off the market and I'm going to return it to stock. Stay tuned for the WTB section as I'll be looking for stock parts and I'll obviously be selling all the current mods.

If you go that route I *might* be interested in the following:

- Stiegemeier Stage IV ported supercharger

I would have the stock Eaton to trade back to you plus $.

Figure I'd throw it up against the wall. :)

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
Low miles, great mods and awesome condition MAKE the car Appealing!
It's just the wrong time of year to sell a Vert:(

Take the number stickers off and get some new pictures. Re-word your description leaving out the road race info and you should be good to go. Might find a holiday shopper or Spring time demand will move her fast.

I would love her, just don't really want another Vert.
:pIf you must de-mod, get with Mike and his SC Blue Cobra. Your additional mods on his coupe would be great....for me If I can ever pick it up:biggthump

You've got a great ride at a good price, it's just a matter of time:headbang:

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
yep. I am returning my car back to stock and selling as well. reasions: i want my money back on mods and people like to buy stock car (sounds good to them)

quick question. if i out my car on ebay, how much is listing fee and at then end of the auction, how many % they cut from the price? I dont wanna have bids to 22k (what i am asking ) and get cut like 1g from ebay.

thanks!

Thread Info