đź“° Auto News Rivian recalls nearly all vehicles (both R1S and R1T)

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Ancient body/chassis...
why is it that people think because the sheet metal is similar to the 2012 model S, that the entire chassis is the same? The underside of a plaid is unrecognizable compared to the first model S. In fact, I’d venture to say a 1997 corvette chassis is more similar to a 2019 corvette chassis than a 2012 model S is to a plaid.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yea, I don't get the argument either. I guess I get it if it's old and the manufacturer never makes updates. But obviously here it's not the case.

That "ancient body/chassis" will whoop the ass of 99% of the performance cars out there. Maybe even a higher percentage.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
1683905801589.png

pre-production 2011 /\ 2022 \/ It's the same exact plain ass design. It's worse than the Dodge Challenger in terms of updating.
1683905885427.png

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
View attachment 162029
pre-production 2011 /\ 2022 \/ It's the same exact plain ass design. It's worse than the Dodge Challenger in terms of updating.
View attachment 162031
Except all the underpinnings are completely different. Tesla doesn’t even use model years for changes, they upgrade designs weekly. It’s literally the opposite of other manufacturers that use the same underpinnings as long as possible but just trick people with fresh sheet metal.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Except all the underpinnings are completely different. Tesla doesn’t even use model years for changes, they upgrade designs weekly. It’s literally the opposite of other manufacturers that use the same underpinnings as long as possible but just trick people with fresh sheet metal.
And probably 90% of buyers don’t care, they just see a 5-10 year old car that looks like it hasn’t changed.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
And probably 90% of buyers don’t care, they just see a 5-10 year old car that looks like it hasn’t changed.
Model Y is literally the best selling vehicle on earth right now. That’s not EV, that’s vehicle of any kind. Name any vehicle and Model Y outsells it. People really don’t care

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Idk about that. They're selling more than they ever have and it doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon.
I didn’t say they weren’t buying them but to go on and on about chassis changes like the average consumer gives a fuck doesn’t mean anything. Sounds great they’re changing things up all the time and improving the chassis. They still look the same from the beginning.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I didn’t say they weren’t buying them but to go on and on about chassis changes like the average consumer gives a fuck doesn’t mean anything. Sounds great they’re changing things up all the time and improving the chassis. They still look the same from the beginning.
Oh the average consumer has no idea. I had, and really still have no idea.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I see a ton of rivians around, the fronts are funky but they’re unique. I’m sure I see way more teslas but don’t even notice because they just look like an egg on wheels
I don't see any Rivians. Maybe one in MI in the year I've lived here. When I was down in AZ a few weeks ago they were everywhere. But still absolutely dwarfed by Teslas. I see more Teslas than I see F150s, which is nuts.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I see a ton of rivians around, the fronts are funky but they’re unique. I’m sure I see way more teslas but don’t even notice because they just look like an egg on wheels
Yeah this slightly surprises me although I suppose CO is pretty much exactly who Rivian would be marketing to. I have only ever seen one in Indiana and it was my old buddy's who works at the Bloomington, IL facility. I've seen a few in the Chicago burbs including an R1S. I think they look sharp from the side and rear. Front looks like a tadpole, but it's not horrible. At least it's unique.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
That car could be 6 years old as it is a pre-refresh model. Believe me, working at a dealership I see way worse from way newer.
6 years is pretty damn new. Just admit they can be garbage, what’s there to lose?

I’ve never had this issue with any vehicle I own or owned and you know I’m in to terrible gm products.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
6 years is pretty damn new. Just admit they can be garbage, what’s there to lose?

I’ve never had this issue with any vehicle I own or owned and you know I’m in to terrible gm products.
The problem is the “Tesla effect” where you put Tesla in any headline and get 2x as many engagements. But since it is such a relatively new company, most people that aren’t car enthusiasts see these posts and believe every Tesla out there is recalled and the roof isn’t glued on and the steering wheel is going to fall off when in reality other companies have all these same problems too. Fear, uncertainty, and doubt of new technology breeds purposefully malicious posts about Tesla all the time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info