đź“° Auto News Rivian recalls nearly all vehicles (both R1S and R1T)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
My 84 LeSabre I could pull the steering wheel off at will and after I broke the white plastic of the horn button I used to scare the s*** out of my passengers by yanking the wheel off while driving and handing it to em.

I learned a lot from doing my first turn signal switch lol.....fuckin with people was just icing on top

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
In reverse?

monday night raw what GIF by WWE

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I’ve done some GM recalls for a loose nut holding on the steering wheel. It has nothing to do with the manufacturer, just the idiot working the assembly line
I'm about to go all Karen managerial on yo ass.

It has everything to do with the manufacturer. The idiot on the assembly line is part of the manufacturing process. Rivian failed to close a hole in their process to prevent this sort of human error from happening. The same goes for GM in your steering wheel nut scenario. Can the problem be tracked down to one guy? Probably, but it won't be their job to fix it. Rivian will have to be the one to discipline/sack that employee and rewrite the process to prevent future fuck ups. I deal with this shit every day, and it sucks because the real fix is almost a paradox. Human error will always be present. Yet, we're supposed to eliminate it... as cheaply... and safely... and as high of quality... as possible. Automation helps, but that comes with a lot of red tape.

I'm just getting vibes from others here that a loose nut is not a big deal when it is. Luckily for Rivian, the recall is as simple as torquing that nut and shouldn't involve much if any disassembly of the vehicle.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I'm about to go all Karen managerial on yo ass.

It has everything to do with the manufacturer. The idiot on the assembly line is part of the manufacturing process. Rivian failed to close a hole in their process to prevent this sort of hu an error from happening. The same goes for GM in your steering wheel nut scenario. Can the problem be tracked down to one guy? Probably, but it won't be their job to fix it. Rivian will have to be the one to discipline/sack that employee and rewrite the process to prevent future fuck ups. I deal with this shit every day, and it sucks because the real fix is almost a paradox. Human error will always be present. Yet, we're supposed to eliminate it... as cheaply... and safely... and as high of quality... as possible. Automation helps, but that comes with a lot of red tape.

I'm just getting vibes from others here that a loose nut is not a big deal when it is. Luckily for Rivian, the recall is as simple as torquing that nut and shouldn't involve much if any disassembly of the vehicle.
Fair enough. The manufacturer should create a process that makes it impossible to leave fasteners loose- especially critical fasteners

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Fair enough. The manufacturer should create a process that makes it impossible to leave fasteners loose- especially critical fasteners
It's a kind of a ridiculous cycle really. The manufacturer as a whole can collaborate and make a seemingly fool-proof process, but it only takes one numbskull idiot to show the whole company how stupid a person can be. Then the union protects them, the company modifies the process, and that idiot plus new hires are still there to fuck it all up again like some kind of disease.

I hate my job sometimes. There is no personal accountability anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info